Part 2 : Chapter 12

I'm on top of the wall with Jean, Eren, Mikasa, and Armin. Titans are gone as if the only danger were the animals. My father probably has them rounded up somewhere because he knows I'm coming. "I hope Pops and Igor are okay", I thought worriedly.

"Let's say a speech", Jean suggested.

We look at him and Jean says defensively, "What?"

"Why would we do that?" Mikasa asked.

"We could die at any moment while we're out there. It seems like a good idea", Jean defended blushing.

A breeze rustles our clothes and hair as we look out into the valley. What would I even say? I look at my friends and thought about Pops and Igor. "Let's do it", I said automatically.

They look at me in surprise and I shrug.

"Jean-bo is right. If anyone makes it, I want someone to tell my story", I said in a serious tone.

"Who goes first?" Eren asks looking at us.

"I will", I volunteered.

I crystallize a figure of my mother. Jean asks in awe, "Is that...?"

I smiles and said happily, "Meet Akina Kirstein, my mother."

They stare at me especially Jean. This is the first time he probably seen my mom. I said fondly, "I want to thank you guys for coming with me. Not a lot of people would've done that."

"Like I'm going to let you go out there alone." Jean scoffed and he ruffles my hair.

"My name is Alisa Little Clare, but people call me Little. I'm half human and titan. I was eaten when I was 3 years old to complete the transformation to become a Titan. I lived outside walls that protected the human race for a long time. I met some stubborn humans and became friends with them.

"They taught me to be human and for that, I'll be forever grateful. Whatever that might cross our paths, we'll do it together", I finished and focus on the sun setting.

I split my mother's figurine into 4 pieces and made them float to Jean, Armin, Eren, and Mikasa. I command calmly, "Grab them."

Slowly they begin to grab it and the crystals embedded themselves into their wrists. I smile as they touch them hesitantly, yet with wonder. Armin looks at me for an explanation. I said happily, "You guys now have the ability to crystallize."

"What!" Jean cries out in shock.

"Think of an object", I suggested excitedly.

Mikasa conjure two katanas. Armin makes a small blade. Jean creates a sword. Eren forms a statue woman. "Is that your mom?" I asked curious.

He nods and Mikasa and Armin look sadly at the statue. I clear my throat to break the tension. "Why don't we go on our way?" I suggested.

They nod in sync and everyone breaks their crystals into a shower of crystals particles, except Jean. In my peripheral vision, I see Jean's hand grip onto the sword tightly. I walk over to him and grab his hand. He relaxes and his sword breaks into crystal particles. 

"Let the war begin", I said before I jump off the wall.

~

"I can't believe you let them go!" Levi yells before smashing his fist on my desk.

"I didn't know that Eren and the others would go with her", I countered with a strained voice.

"Don't be an idiot. They care about Little too much to let her go on her own", Levi hisses.

"They'll come back", I said firmly.

"What if they don't?" Hanji asks.

~

"So my daughter is back where I can reach her?" I mused gleefully.

I look at my Titan army and order, "Today we will give my daughter a well-needed rest, but tomorrow we will attack."

I grin mischievously. "She won't know what hit her."

- - - - - - - - - 

End of Part 2