Part 2 : Chapter 7

3 years later...

It's finally time for these cadets evaluation. Alisa, Penny, Marcus, and Emily are the first group. Alisa gets a head start, only using the trees as a boost for speed. Alisa is the perfect soldier, if only she gave a little more respect to authority figures. She's strong, fast, intelligent, and most of all, she can work with anyone, including Penny (they fought on the first day here). Alisa is an excellent leader and is able to bring out the best in people.

Penny is a good spokesperson and leader. It was a good idea putting her and Alisa together, they are a good team when they're working together. Penny is fast and light on her feet, also has good instincts. Emily is quiet and mostly keeps to herself, but works well with a team. Emily is good at strategy and knows how to exploit people's skills.

Finally there's Marcus, the weirdest and most puzzling of all my cadets. Marcus half the time doesn't act human and I have time reading him which bothers me. What bothers me the most is that he only answers to Alisa and only to her. I have a bad feeling about the kid, but I can't quite put my finger on it. Overall he's a good soldier and would be a big help to the cause.

I have chosen these four to be in the Top 10.

-

"Alisa, can you believe this?" Emily cries softly.

I smile warmly at her and look at Marcus, who's the fifth person of the top ten. Ever since my suspicions about him were right on the dot, I've been waiting for this-so-called Marcus to slip up. I told Erwin and he prepared a trap from him because he's more than likely going to follow me to Survey Corps. My father probably put a lot of faith in him to not fail, too bad he didn't reach expectations.

-

I walk right alongside Marcus and ask innocently, "Hey Marcus, what regiment are you going to join?"

"Survey Corps", he answers curtly.

I hum thoughtfully and asked the same thing to Penny and Emily. "Survey Corps", they answered in unison.

I smile happily, but it soon disappears when Penny said, "I'll finally have a chance to snag Erwin."

My heart sinks and I look away from them. I hear Emily ask, "What if Erwin has a special someone?"

"I'll get her out of the picture", she answered in a 'duh' tone.

"Will Erwin allow himself to be with someone? With Penny?" I thought sadly. I look at Penny and knew she was beautiful. Would Erwin fall for her charm? Penny looks at me and snarls, "What are you looking at?"

I wipe off my sad expression and smirk. "Just thinking how you think you can get Erwin Smith. I mean, come on! He probably doesn't care about relationships. He's only thinking about defeating the titans."

"She has a point", Emily added shyly.

Penny gets hot in the face and stomps off.

"Just you wait and see!"

~

Finally it's time for the cadets to choose which regiment they want to join. Little decided to sit this one out since she's already a part of Survey Corps. I see Eren sneaking up on her and a small smile appears on my face. I hear Levi chuckle and I wanted to see if Eren can actually attack her without suspecting. Little suddenly says unexpectedly, "Eren you're breathing too hard, Levi gave you away, and I can see you in my peripheral vision."

He grunts in annoyance and she laughs at him.

"How are you able to do that?" Eren asks.

"What did you think I did for food?" she asks.

"You hunted animals?" I ask incredulously.

Little nods and Levi asks, "Have you eaten titans before?"

"Yes", she answers without hesitation.

Armin comes and whispers, "It's time."

~

"Master, your daughter has disappeared during the ceremony. I wasn't able to capture her", I gave him the news with fear building inside of me.

"I want you to try again", he orders.

I blink and ask, "Why are you giving me another chance? If you don't mind me asking?"

"None of my other followers has made it this far, but this doesn't mean you can relax. I want Little, understand me?" he growls.

"Yes master", I said in reverence and the link was cut off.

~

"Everyone knows the plan?" Erwin asks.

We nod and I thought impatiently, "I can't wait. Marcus, or whatever his name is, won't know what hit him."

-