Part 2 : Chapter 6

Shadis told us to meet him at this tri-pad thing. I see him there and once everyone was there. He yells, "Today, we're going to take the Three Dimensional Maneuver Gear aptitude evaluation! By we, I mean you! The only thing you have to do is stay upright! If you can't do that, you're titan food!"

"Or at least you'll have a fighting chance before the titans eat you", I thought pessimistically. 

Keith adds, "If you don't pass, you'll be taken out of the Training Corps and sent home."

The people around me gasp and immediately start to murmur to their friends. I feel a tap on my shoulder and I turn around to see a cute boy. He asks, "Nervous?"

I shrug, brushing off his question. "I have good balance."

He holds his hand out to me and said, "I'm Marcus."

"Alisa."

We shake hands and we hear, "Form lines!"

We do as we're told and get belts for the contraption. Marcus lines up behind me and I felt... off about his presence. I ignore it for now and watch as the first person went up to do the test. Shadis signals for the man to pull down the lever once the guy was set. Slowly the man rises and he immediately falls forward.

He gets lowered and someone takes him to the nurse. "That got to hurt", I thought feeling sympathy for the human. Then it's was the same routine, someone acing or failing, until it was finally my turn. I walk up to the tri-pad and get hooked in. I slowly start to rise up and I let my instincts take over.

I let myself go still and I felt comfortable with the situation, probably because I'm used to being in the air. I see Shadis nod in approval and I was let down. In my peripheral vision, I see Marcus watching me and that feeling came back. "Why do I feel threatened by him?" I thought confused.

"Who?" a voice in my head asked.

"This cute guy I met today. I'm not sure why he suddenly wants to be my friend", I answer absently.

"Cute?" the voice asked, but this time not in my head.

I peak over my shoulder to see Erwin, Levi, and Hanji. I blush and growled, "Is that problem?"

Hanji suddenly pulls me into a bone-crushing hug and squeals, "How's my baby titan? I missed you!"

"W-Wild Girl l-let me g-go!" I stuttered, feeling smothered.

"Shitty Glasses you're going to kill her", Levi states.

Suddenly she lets me go and proclaims, "I would never to that to my Little Titan."

I take a couple deep breaths before looking up to see everyone saluting. I whisper to Levi, "Why is everyone doing that?"

"It's because we're here", Hanji answers cheerfully.

Erwin suddenly says loudly, "I come here bearing information for you. A body was found not too far from here. If any one of you has intel or witnessed it, contact one of your instructors. Thank you."

Erwin looks at me and motions with his head to follow them. I nod and thought about the murder that he told us about.

-

"So what did you want to talk about?" I ask in a serious tone.

"The man was killed in a unique way", Levi starts.

"How?"

"His head was literally ripped from his body", Hanji answers.

"Are you sure a human didn't use tools to behead him?"

"No. Some of parts of the body was still attached to the head", Erwin answers bluntly.

"Oh and the guy was eaten. We saw teeth marks on the bones that matches with human teeth marks", Hanji adds.

"A human-sized titan could do it", I said absently.

"Do you think there still some left inside the wall?"

"Unless Logan was a distraction..."

"What do you mean?"

"Think about it. My father wants to get to me and if I think that Logan was the only person he sent inside the wall, he could use that to his advantage and send another titan in secret."

They silent as they drink in my words. I clench my jaw and my fists. If my theory is correct, then there's another one of my father's followers inside the wall. I swing my fist into a tree, causing it to embed itself into the tree. I should've seen it sooner. How could I be so stupid?

Erwin asks, "Little are you alright?"

I sigh and pull out my fist. "I'm just frustrated. That's all."

I walk away and Hanji calls out, "Little?"

"I have to head back, but I'll keep an eye out promise."

~