02; Panic in the Classroom

My hands were tingling with excitement as I made my way towards Jude's car. Besides the fact that it was graduation today, it was also my birthday. The nerves were so overwhelming, I hardly slept last night but my excitement overruled the nerves. If my mate was in this pack, it was inevitable that we would meet today, I would look up on the stage stare into his brown- no blue- no green- whatever colour eyes he had and faint.

"You're all good. Your mate is not going to reject you..." Jude reassured. He'd been doing that a lot lately. He would spontaneously mention this and oddly, it helped. I had overcome the fear of rejection.

Who would be stupid enough to reject their mate?...

...Hopefully not mine.

"We're picking up Layla on the way over, okay?" I nodded smiling happily. Layla, his mate, was in our year also which made their relationship more convenient plus, I loved Layla. She's always really bubbly and never scowling.

"All good." I responded jumping into his black car. I loved his car but I am not an expert at knowing what they are. All I know is that I would really like a black mini.

He jumped in moments after me and soon started up the car. I turned my head towards the window. It was oddly quite cloudy today but I wasn't let that break my spirit. I was happy and no one could take that from me.

Swiftly, we pulled up in front of Layla's house. You could hear her perky squeal from a mile away as she started to sprint towards her mate. By now, Jude had left the car and had outstretched arms for his mate. Unfortunately - for him - she ran straight past to him and towards my window. A frown appeared in his face as she threw his a grinning smirk.

I rolled down my window. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" She screeched. I would've winced but I had gotten used to the extent of the volume. I laughed at her as she pushed my present through the window. "It's not just from me, it's from Jude as well and also our future child when we decide to have her."

"Him." Jude corrected and Layla gave him a glare.

"Look Jude, I get to choose the gender since she comes out of my vagina. I don't see you getting a child pulled out of you." Jude rolled his eyes leaving a kiss on her forehead.

"Whatever you say sweetheart." Jude spoke gently. Layla grumbled mumbling something about mother's intuition and that she would get a daughter over a son.

"Anyway..." Layla started. "... I'm not pregnant yet and it's your birthday!" She continues. "So open the gift." She encourages as Jude wraps his arms around her waist. I rolled my eyes letting out a 'tch' sound.

I opened the wrapping like a monkey opens a banana after not eating for ten days. Inside sat a laptop. My face instantly brightened at this as I reached out the window to give them a hug. It probably looked quite weird for Jude and Layla as it looks like they are hugging the car.

"It's so that when we are away at the Golden Moon pack, you'll be able to Skype us." Layla perked. "Gosh, I'm so excited."

Jude's application had gone through with the Alpha and everything seemed set to go. I was offered to go along with them but I decided to hold the fort due to the fact that I hated moving and didn't want to leave my best friend behind.

"Okay then, that's all good. Get in the backseat nerd." I stuck my tongue out at him but obliged whilst carefully moving the laptop with me.

Once we were all ready to go, we started our short journey towards the school grounds. We were jamming to some tunes and laughing to some jokes. I would miss this. I would always miss this.