23; You Don't Have An Escape Plan?

After speaking more with Olive and Ren, we all started to make our leaves from the tunnel. The smell seemed to be worse for Rosie in comparison to I who had completely lost her wolf sense by now. It was all slowly deteriorating, my sense of smell had numbed yet my sight was still incredible.

"There's an exit, this way, follow me." Ren was the one to guide us through this narrow version of the tunnels. I wondered how long they'd been there for.

"It's not far and fairly convenient actually." Olive pitched in, happy as the sun after a fallen moon.

"It smells so bad in here." I turned to Rosie with a sympathetic look, my nose strength was pore now that my wolf and I are becoming disconnected. "How long again?"

"Not far." Olive repeated throwing her pink hair over her shoulder whilst continuing to move further into the endless abyss.

Soon we'd defeated the tunnels of doom but once we stepped out of the tunnel and into a cave of some sorts, we heard loud growls and noises. Thinking they were after Rosie, we kept still in the grimy cave. The walls seemed to have been coated with a petroleum jelly sort of substance.

"What is that stuff?" I asked Ren once I wiped a large amount off onto my trouser. He turned to me with an awkward smile.

"A witch gave it to us, it cloaks the area within the goo." He mentioned. "It's to make sure we were never detected since wolves would easily detect us."

"So what now then?" I impatiently asked the couple, they looked at each other and then back at Rosie and I with a shrug. "You don't have an escape plan?"

"Look, I thought I'd have more time to discover how we escape." Olive huffed. "Give us some credit, we got you out of the tunnels that would've taken weeks for you to get out of."

Weeks?

"Wait so she sent us down a tunnel that could've starved us to death?" I spoke, outraged at the information that I'd recieved.

"They used those tunnel as a fake way into their territory, by the time a wolf had reached the exit, it'd be tired and hungry and altogether weak. That's why it's so efficient. They don't use it much anymore but it still has the same purpose."

"She sent us to our death?" I spoke horrified.

"Oh, who did?" Olive questioned.

"Polly, Mavis' - or Clara's - adopted mother." Rosie spoke, correcting herself slightly with my name.

"I just want to keep Mavis, okay? Atleast until we sort out this mess." Rosie nodded scratching the back of her head. "Now, we need a plan, do you have any weapons for defence?"

Olive and Ren looked at each other once more and I let out a fustrated noise roll off my tongue. "Are you serious?"

"Do you see a weapon supply shop around here?" Ren blurted out.

"Where's the witch?" I asked him.

"What?"

"She must be near if she gave you the goo, why is she?" I questioned.

"You don't want to go into business with witches, sticky business really." Ren spoke quickly.

"Literally." Rosie muttered out lowly whilst wiping more of the sticky substance off onto a rock.

"Where is she Ren?" I asked.

"She isn't in one place." Ren admitted. "She just appears, I don't know how to describe it but you can't find her, she'll find you."

"Great." I sarcastically spoke. "How does one summon this witch?"

"I don't know." Ren spoke waving his arms in the air like a wailing fish. "All I know is, she appears where she feels profitable."

"And that's be right now sweetie." I turned around to come face to face with someone who etched familiarity.

"Valencia?"

*

[a/n]

Hey guys!

Short chapter, I know... sorry but I didn't want to keep you waiting and I feel like this needed to be a short chapter.

Next one will be longer!

Hope you all had a brilliant holiday and a happy new years!

:)

Bye!

:D