24; Side Effects

"Valencia?" Rosie's voice echoes through the cave with confusion and slight joy.

"You know her?" Ren asked Rosie and she nodded swiftly.

"She used to be our pack doctor until she disappeared. We all thought she'd been killed but here she is." Rosie explained.

Valencia scoffed at her explanation. "Died. Naive girl. No one dies it seems." She turned to me and I knew she was saying that due to my most recent revelation.

"Right, well you have something that can help us?" My voice came out unsure due to the woman's sarcasm and low-like moon.

"Depends what you need." She challenge.

"We need something to help us avoid the conflict." I gestured to the noise outside the cave. The sound of growls ripping into the deeply silent noise

I could hear the cries of the men and women who fought. I could also hear the blood flying through the air.

"Just please." I heard Rosie speak distracting me from the violence.

"Seems as though you're in need of something that disguises your scent." I looked over to Rosie who nodded. "It's not free."

"What do you want?" I spoke swiftly and fiercely since we were on a time limit.

"Just a vile of your blood." She responded simply.

"My blood?" I blurted. "Why blood?" I questioned. 

"It's not everyday I came across royalty." She smirked. "Your blood is worth a pretty penny to witches, love."

"Why?" I repeated, curious of what use it could have.

"Spells require powerful energy, dear." She smirked once more, this time more stretched.

"I don't trust her." Olive opened.

"Neither." Rosie agreed. "Don't worry about Mavis, we'll find another way."

"What other way? If we leave here, Sebastian will be alerted! We're still in unmarked territory." I panicked slightly. "Besides, what else could we do?"

"We could wait it out." Rosie suggested.

"That won't work." Olive pointed out. "They'd have people surrounding the perimeter for a while."

"Do it." I told the witch, Valencia, whose face brightened.

"Mavis." Ren warned. "Witches are tricky and fickle, how do you know she's not going to give us a vile of posion?"

"We don't." I responded. "I'll try it first."

"Why you?" Rosie asked outraged at my interest to go first.

"Because if I die, it doesn't matter." I commented.

"That's not true. You have to find your mother and tell your brothers who you really are and then there's Jude and-" Rosie rambled.

"If you died then my brother would go crazy." I spoke, it sounded strange saying 'brother' when referring to Mason. "And I don't want Ren and Olive to risk losing their gifts."