27; Claribel Lupus

Rosie's POV

"What's so important about this key anyway?" Red asked me as we continued down the hallway. Due to the recent events, all pack members. They did assign different times for different ages but right now was when all the high ranked wolves were trained.

"Olive told us that it has something to do with the previous King and Mavis." I told her, truthfully. I didn't want to dive into lots of detail just in case someone was listening or we were wrong.

"Olive?"

"A girl we met, she was clairvoyant." I told her.

"A clairvoyant?" Red questioned, surprised. "Haven't heard of that in a while."

"Neither had I." I admitted. "She had a boyfriend called Ren, he's a medium."

"That's how you found out about the fireplace." Red caught on.

"Yeah, this has to save Mavis." I continued.

"Right." Red spoke. "It's a few more doors until we make it there. I am fairly sure that Marcus has tried to break it down once, I think Valencia enhanted it."

"That would make sense since she did serve him." I replied.

She nodded. "Plus, Valencia, him and Gregg used to be the best of friends."

Soon we made it to the door, it looked just like an average door with all its details. I could see some faint claw marks on the door which must've been Marcus but I couldn't be completely sure. I could sense that Mason had been here a few times - more than I would've expected. I guess curiousity gets to everyone.

I looked over to Red who still held the delicate key in her hand. She gave me a look before inserting it into the key hole. She turned it and it easily opened.

The room was completely empty apart from the safe in the middle of the room. It was small, just large enough to hold a stack of papers.

"Are you serious?" Red blurted. "We have to work out a code. This is seriously bullshit." She complained.

"Maybe we could break into it?" I suggested.

I heard a door shut and turned to see the door we entered had closed but Red still held the key in her hand.

"At least we can still get out."

"We still can't open this safe!" Red spoke fustrated.

"Is there anything we're missing? A date? A code name?" I asked her.

"A birthday?" Red suggested. "But we don't know Mavis' since it would be different to her other birthday."

"Do you think Marcus would know?" I asked. "I mean, he may have known that he had another sister? Or he could've been told a code?"

"Let's take the safe and ask?" Red questioned. I nodded.

*

Later we found ourselves in Red and Marcus' room. He was standing there broading slightly and on edge. He was more serious since the incident, most likely because he did trust Mavis.

"Do you remember any codes, at all?" Red almost begged.

"No." Marcus spoke. "He grew kind of distant to us during his last months before passing."

"What about anyone else?"

"Eloise could know, she was always the closest to our father." Marcus admitted.

"Where is she now?"

"I don't know." I furrowed my eyebrow. "A few years she went to find her mate and never came back."

"You didn't stay in contact?" I asked shocked.

"She sends a letter, once a month. We've tried to track it before but there is never a scent. She has recently stopped writing to us."

"A witch." I commented.

"Can I see the letters she sent?" Red asked. Marcus nodded leaving the room for a few minutes and returning with a box.

"There's twelve in total." Marcus told her.

We emptied the box and put the letters in order. Her eyes scanned every single letter looking at every word and looking for a hint.

We honestly struggled at finding any clue, at all. The letters were all carefully written and extremely discreet. None of them gave a hint of where she was, what she was doing or who she was with. They only gave her brothers the hint that she was alive.

"Rosie look at this." I turned to Red as she put the letter back in order. "This one was written on the 3rd, the next was written on the 9th, this one was written on the 2nd-"

"-and this one was written on the 9th again." The whole order went 3, 9, 2, 9, 4, 5 and then it repeated to make twelve letters.

We put the code in the into the safe and the satifying click was heard. I turned to Red with an excited smirk and pulled open the door. As I predicted, there was a bunch of files and document but on to of that was a photo. A photo of a child and written below it was 'Claribel Michelle Lupus'.

"Mavis." I spoke silently.

"What's this?" Marcus asked confused bending down to the floor where Red and I sat cross-legged.

"This is your sister." I told him showing him the photo.

"Eloise?" He asked.

"No. Mavis."

*

"If this is real then Mason may have just exhiled our sister." Marcus spoke storming down the hall.

"He didn't know." Red tried to help.

"And I just watched."

"You didn't know." I also tried to help.

"And now she's probably dead."

"No, I am fairly sure Axel would've followed her." I spoke.

"Who's Axel?"

"Her childhood crush." I told him, going off what Mavis had told me in the tunnel system.

"Doesn't she have a mate?"

"Rejection." Red informed.

"If I ever see him-"

"He has probably already fleed the country to be fair."

"Where is that bastard?" Marcus asked banging on Mason and I's room.

"You could've asked me to open the door." I spoke and I put in the key and opened the door.

There sat Mason on the bed, looking upset, concern and angry. He looked relieved when he saw me and I rolled my eyes at his distress.

"I thought something had happened." Mason spoke then his face built a wall. "Where the heck were you?"

Marcus handed Mason the files and the photo. After about ten minutes of reading through and Mason being slightly confused.

Then he spoke. "Shit."