17; Bye Bye Rejection

So much was happening but our game plan was in action. We knew what was going to happen and how to survive this. We would survive this. This is what we had to do and that it what we had to do.

Most of the packs that had arrived for the ball were leaving now and I had already said my goodbyes to Jude and Layla. Jude and Layla seemed hesistant to leave as we'd hardly had time to properly talk, but I encouraged them to head back. I could see in their faces that they were exhausted and knew it was for a best.

Although this, Jude had mentioned that he left me a book and recommended me to read it. It was about his studies that he was currently working on. It was an old book that he'd found in a deceased library. There was no title to it but it was a brown leather book that looked fairly old but looked as if it had been refurbished a few times to prevent any serious damage. It looked important if I was being completely honest and I knew that I would have to take care of it.

I also hadn't seen much of Alena, she had wondered off - probably off to do more work as a pack doctor - but I wanted to rekindle, I knew I was fully ready to speak to my sister again like she was my sister.

It's been a long, long time of grief and tears and I knew that I needed to let go of all this pent up anger. I knew that others would disagree with my choice, but in my heart I knew that this was the right choice.

I attempted to mindlink Alena and soon a response was head. "Hello?" She responded.

"Alena, can we talk?" I asked her. She agreed immediately and told me that she'd make her way over to me as soon as possible.

I saw the rushing figure making her way towards me. Her face was torn with a variety of emotions as I stood in front of her. I closed my eyes for a second and took in her appearance once more. I was right to think that she was working as she wore her lab coat over her small frame. Her eyes held bags and her eyes were wild.

"Look I know that we haven't been getting along-"

"No Mavis." She suddenly interrupted whilst letting her hand comb through her hair. "It's my fault, it has always been my fault." She took a deep breath before continuing. "I grew up thinking that you'd replace me in the family. I didn't like the idea that I was going to have to share the sister and daughter role with someone else."

I tilted my head slightly. "Wait, you were jealous of me?" I asked her shocked. "Were you jealous of Jude too?"

"No." She muttered lowly. "I'd always wanted to be the one girl child in the family since Jude was the only boy."

"I-"

"Mavis, I'm so sorry." I saw a tear fall down her cheek and hit the ground in one fluid moment. I blinked a few times at the girl in front of me, her face full of regret and grief as she recalled our childhood.

"It's okay." I spoke quietly. I allowed myself to hug her, comforting my sister for the first time ever. I felt wanted.

*

Later on I sensed someone attempted to mindlink me. The link seemed to be failing and I automatically assumed that it was Ace. Due to me not being in his pack anymore and my defiance to even communicate with him, it was near to impossible for him to connect any sort of link - thankfully.

As if the constant pain that I had to suffer wasn't enough, the door sounded three loud knocks, each getting louder than the previous one. I groaned internally as I knew who had made himself present at my door.

The one and only, Ace!

I was already under extreme stress already with the confrontation of Sebastian occuring later but this, this was something else.

I had given up being defiant due to the fact that I was getting a headache and I needed to leave the room anyway to meet up with Red - Rosie may be there depending on her overly-posessive mate.

I opened the door, his rough, flushed face appearaed. The pull was still there but I felt almost repulsed by his presense - probably a side-effect from accepting his rejection. "Mavis, please, please." He begged desperately.

"Can we just part the river." I spoke gently. "Ace, this is destroying you inside and out. The regret, the anguish and the pain. I get it, I got it for three months. Ace, this destroyed me for longer than you'd ever think. You just need to accept it, accept that I can't be with you. I could never be with someone who decided to put me through all that pain.

"Ace, it's true what they say, you know. You'll find someone else, someone who isn't your mate but someone nonetheless.

"Ace, we both need to find someone else, what we had was nothing. You destroyed it and we need to seperate permantley." I finished.

"But I don't want us to be apart."

"But it's what you need, what I need. Please Ace. Stop dragging this on. Do this for yourself." I begged.

I then closed my door and walked past him on my way towards Red forgetting him whilst moving.

*

"Game plan review?" I suggested to Red trying to get my mind off that intense conversation that I had with Ace. She nodded.

"There's three times as many warriors on the perimeter, it's almost impossible to get through. We're going to stay here until the warriors let us know whether they're planning to attack the North, South, East or West." I nodded.

"Then we'll rush onto the field and try to communicate with Sebastian." I spoke with disgust.

"That's pretty much the bare facts that we need." Red nodded.

"I'm ready." I smiled gently.

*

[a/n]

Short chapter!

Next chapter: Confrontation

;)

:p