18; Confrontation

That night, I sat with Rosie whilst preparation was occuring. She was sipping on coffee whilst I'd decided to go for a hot chocolate instead. She seemed slightly distressed by the way her hair was knotted in so many places. I wondered whether it was due to her finding out that the Alpha King was her mate or whether it was to do with something else.

She suddenly released a groan as she kicked the table, gaining some attention from unaware pack members. "What's up?" I asked her concerned. I squirmed a little in the chair making myself more comfortable for a moment as she looked like she was preparing her words carefully.

"There's something I haven't been telling you guys." She admitted whilst shaking her head at herself.

"What is it?" I asked her. "If you don't want to say that's cool." I smiled genuinely and she shook her head again.

"I think it's important."

"You're not pregnant, are you?" I asked her.

"Wha-? No! In one day? Wha-?"

"You have a boyfriend?" I questioned.

"No. Mavis listen." I then turned to her and nodded slowly. "Sebastian is my brother."

*

Things had changed in the plan. Everyone had split into different sections as the warriors announced that they were coming from all directions.

Mason had taken North.

I had taken East.

Red and Mason had taken South.

And Alena's mate - the Beta - had taken West.

After Rosie's revelation, Mason had stated that it was best for her to stay where it would be safe - in the pack house. After lots of arguing, Mason had ended up winning the argument and Rosie was left brooding.

As long as she was safe.

I was staring at rogues that stared across from me. A significant amount of rogues stood round the perimeter - no moves had been made yet but I sensed something. I sensed someone. It wasn't Sebastian.

I stood along with the warriors. Standing strong and proud at the front. I concealed any type of emotion as I stared down my enemy. I didn't have control over the warriors. I definitely wasn't qualified for that kind of job, but my job was to attempt to get Sebastian to call off this pathetic attack. A surprise attack is definitely cowardly.

I hadn't exactly planned a way to get the rogue's to backdown from the attack, all I had was a speech of profanities for Sebastian who hadn't even bothered to show his face to me. I frowned at this, but continued to stare at the rugged faces that appeared in front of me instead.

It seemed almost surreal to be standing here defending the same pack that I'd heard such vicious rumours from. Sure, I think that the Alpha King had definitely been accountatable for a few of the rumours and sure, some were probably absoultely true but all I really saw was a pack who looked out for other packs. A pack built on strength and honour and a pack that pulled its own weight.

No one felt like a dead-weight.

As the troops lined up some shifting in front but most stayed in human formed with claw out ready. The rogues had mimicked the action.

A wolf caught my eye. It was a horrific sight. The wolf left with uneven, spaced-out stitches where its ear should've been and their fur was blood-ridden, stained. Its face lacked fur and looked extremely threatening as it allowed rumbles of growls to escape from his mouth. He looked lethal.

I stared to my left and noticed that one of the Head Warriors stood beside me tapping on my side. I nodded knowing that I'd have to speak. I'd have to try and get them to backdown, some way or another.

I weaved my way through the line of the pack in front of me that had been there for safety precausions. I let a cough come out my mouth to draw everyone's attention to me. "Do you have a leader that I can speak to?" I asked, my strong as powerful as possible but I knew it wouldn't be that powerful as I'd like it to be.

A wolf stepped out from the crowd. A scar falling down his cheek onto his neck. His smirk was not unnoticed by me as he approached. I tensed even though I knew that my pack was react at any sign of an attack.

"Roderick at your service, mi'lady." The jokiness of the rogue was alarming to me. "Oh, you don't seemed to have that much authority, not much power oozing out of you. Must be an omega or just a plain jane of the pack, am I right?" He laughed. I bit my lip biting back some words that I would love to express.

"Roderick." I responded with a subtle bitter tone. "I have been informed to offer you the chance to surrender."

"You have been informed! Oh isn't this fantastic! She's been informed guys." He laughed along with his friends. "Little Lady, you don't know how much I want to dig my claws into your neck at this very moment." He smiled cinically. I gulped again. The army on guard. "But then again, I wouldn't want to ruin a pretty face." He pouted mockingly. "Well it might make your face a little bit better actually."

"What do you want rogue?" I spat out.

Mavis. The warning of one of the heads of the army.

"Ah! There is some fire in this one. I thought you were going to be boring." Roderick acknowledged. "I like a lady with much more fire in her talk." A growl made its way out of my mouth. A hefty sound.

"What do you want?" I repeated.

"For now?" He questioned. "We do not want to attack yet actually. We're just here to deliver the distraction."

"What?" I furrowed my eyebrow.

"Whilst you were talking to me and whilst everyone was distracted with the potential threat of a attack-" A vicious growl was heard for miles and miles. I turned to the Head of the army who looked just as alarmed as I. "-Sebastian took the time to take his sister back and it seems as if it was successful." He spoke after hearing a horn which made most of the rogues retreat - only a few staying with Frederick as he spoke his final words. "You think that Sebastian is dumb enough not to listen to you? A lying bitch. Pathetic."

With that they all retreated and I turned to the head of the army with a helpless look.

Rosie.

*

[a/n]

So Rosie is Sebastian's sister, who would've known... well I knew but eh?

Anyway, welcome to chapter- what is it again? - oh yeah, chapter 18 confrontation. You all thought that Sebastian was going to be the one she'd confront, huh? Well you were wrong :3

I am actually really tired at the moment aha. I really need a break from writing essays at college since I have written three this week and I have no idea how I am doing that. It's torture, trust me.

I also have exams coming up soooooooon. Ew. But I'll survive... maybe.

Anyway, please VOTE and COMMENT if you feel like it...

Don't be a silent reader ;)

Bye!

:o