43; The End

Third Person's POV

Mavis sat there in the back alongside Brett. She let her head lay on his shoulder as she smiled sadly at the scene in front of her. It was a funeral.

She tightened her grip on Brett's hand as she saw the weeping Rosie in the seats a few ahead of them. Rosie couldn't stop and her heart was throbbing and breaking. Mason couldn't help but continue to be his brooding self during the service.

There weren't many people there, only around twenty and only close friends and family. The three caskets were cold whilst they laid there in the front.

"I'm sorry." The words escaped Mavis' lips as she gripped onto Brett further.

"It's okay. You tried to stop it." Brett muttered to her.

"No. I could've stopped it if I was strong enough." Mavis uttered silently.

"It's okay." Brett whispered.

After the event that had happened a week prior, the funeral had been held. The Royal pack had managed to win due to Valencia's lack of magic power, they had lost their advantage. Unfortunately, Valencia had escaped from their grasp and now - most likely - cowered away in the depts. of the forest planning her revenge.

Mason wasn't worried about her, her magic power had deteriorated since the battle since the machine had permanently taken part of her power away.

Elouise had been banished. As much as Mason and Marcus didn't want to, they knew that they had to. Elouise had betrayed them by plotting against the Royal pack. Elouise had been sentenced to twenty years of banishment from all packs.

Jude... Jude was suffering still. He sat in the front seats of the funeral and was weeping uncontrollably himself. He was dying and was sure to be dead within the next few months. Layla knew she had to be strong for her child but was suffering inside as pieces of her died inside.

Olive and Ren had planned to help Mason with the Royal pack as they still had a slight connection with the previous Alpha King and were able to pass on some message and besides, Olive still could see the future and knew that her help would help them out in the long run.

*

Mavis and Brett stood up suddenly, their feet were soundless. "I'll miss these guys." She laughed. "My one regret is not knowing my biological family more." She let a tear fall.

Brett smiled at her and pulled her into a hug. "I love you." He whispered in her ear. He then continued to smile against it.

"I love you too." Mavis responded. The two kissed gently for a few seconds.

"I'm glad you got rejected." Brett mentioned cautiously.

"Me too." Mavis told him and the two hugged for a moment. "It's time to go." Mavis told him and he nodded.

And in that moment, the two grabbed each other's hands and moved onto another place. Before she fully left the world, Mavis turned and offered a smile to Ren who looked her way in shock.

"I'll miss you guys." She mouthed to him before slipping away from their grasps.

*

[a/n]

THE END

(if you didn't understand the ending - Mavis and Brett died D:!)

This has been an adventure for me as this has been my first book ever fully written and I am glad so many of you enjoyed it by reading, voting and commenting.

I can finally click the completed button which seems so surreal right now.

I am going to take a small break from writing but am planning on writing another book which may be another werewolf, romance or teen fiction but I am not completely sure yet.

I am glad that I continued this book and want to thank you all for supporting me along this journey.

THIS BOOK NEEDS SERIOUS EDITING THOUGH and I do plan on doing that in the future.

This was an experience to write and I feel as though it has enabled me to improve my writing skills which is something that I mainly started writing to do.

Thank you again for reading :)

Bye! :D