11; Another Missing Member

Sadly, my story settings changed to Spanish for the last two chapter :( but I have changed it now so it should all be good :)

My eyes widened at the scene in front of me. The guards were storming through the town taking the their hands and lifting the members chins up looking for a specific member. Did they select a member before coming here?

The search soon stopped on a girl - who looked around the age of myself. She was pulled by the man but the family around her cried, pleeing for the girl's release but to no avail. The girl was taken by the guard as the family was held back. Threats were thrown and tears were shed and as much as I wanted to help, I knew I couldn't - I didn't want to cause more trouble than it was worth. How was I going to fight of two hundred wolves with silver bullets... I couldn't.

I just had to sit there staring at the sigh in front of me. The horrified look of the girl who was being dragged away from her aggressive parents who fought for her. It made me feel empathy.

Please Moon Goddess help this girl.

I turned to Sebastian only again. His jaw clenched and his eyes icy and cold. I gripped his wrist in an attempt to comfort him but he threw my hand off in disrespect. This pack meant a lot to him and I could tell by the sorrow that was slipping into the corner of his eyes.

Soon, the girl was removed from the pack. The silence was unbearable as I stood from behind the hedges. The looks of pity towards the family were clear and my heart went out to them. The mother was weeping into her mate's arms and I wanted to reach out and tell her that everything was okay but I couldn't.

"This happens-"

"-Every month." Sebastian confirmed. The anger and fire still clear in his blank expression.

"This is horrible." I stated but I knew that that much was obvious.

"Look, you can just go back to being a princess within the Royal Pack but I've got to do some damage control." That was definitely a different tone from before. Where had the warm Sebastian go and who was standing in his place?

I understood though. I would be pissed if one of my pack members was taken right under my nose and I couldn't do anything about it. I felt a fire burn within me and I knew that I needed to help them. Not because I wanted to - I needed to.

"What if I could see what was happening within the gates to the Royal Pack." Sebastian turned to me, his ears perked up. "I could go to the Omega area and possibility help her escape." I suggested.

"No." Sebastian argued. "That wouldn't be smart Mavis." He started. "If she was to go missing, they'd take down our pack. There's too much risk." He sighed.

My shoulders shrugged sadly. Then an idea popped into my head. "I could be like a personal spy." I suggested. "I could find out who their next target is."

Sebastian finally let a smile appear on his face. "Sounds like a plan."

*

I was in my room when the Beta informed me that I missed my washing up duties. I had apologised saying that I had been running for a while for some time. He forgave me easily and told me not to miss it again.

I was planning to meet with Rosie today to get a job within the daycare. I think Mel is the main operator but she seemed quite scary so I decided to head to Rosie.

I stumbled through the hallways looking for Rosie. I had already tried her room and then I presumed she was at the daycare but the issue is that I didn't know where the hell the daycare was. All I knew was that it was on the second floor.

The second floor consisted of many rooms. A game room, a study room, a library, a bar, an office area for the Beta and many more. It seemed as though the hallway was endless but I finally got to a door that had paint on it and a small, cute, homemade sign that had 'Daycare' written on it.

Presuming that this was the room, I opened it to screaming kids and I tried my best to hide my surprised face. Was the room sound-proof?

"Hey there stranger." I turned to see Rosie, a paintbrush in her hand and a kid tugging on her apron.

"Hey Rosie." I spoke hazily, still in a bit of shock at how messy the daycare actually was.

"What are you doing here?" I was about to answer. "Wait! Don't tell me. You are here to pick up a child?" I shook my head. "Yeah that made no sense. You have no children to pick up." She thought for a second. "You are here to borrow some paint?" She questioned with scrunched up eyebrows.

"I am here to work in the daycare." Her face brightened and I laughed slightly.

"Really? You're really going to help out here?" She questioned with a smile. I nodded. "That's great! Mel is the only other person here - apart from Ryan who never turns up - and she'll be fine with it."

She grabbed me by the wrist dragging me into the room. It was a huge room - surprisingly - as I moved around. She dragged me to a small child who was painting a sun.

"This is Michelle." She introduced. I said a small 'hi' to her in which she responded with similar words. "She's the newest addition to the daycare."

I was then dragged to more kids finding out the oldest and the youngest; the rota; the timetable and the food that needed to be served. I nodded understanding most of it.

It seemed fun but I couldn't help but think that some of these kids would grow up and turned into the people that invaded Sebastian's pack. I needed to stop this.

*

[a/n]

Hey there!

:)

Thank you for reading.

Short chapter because I have been given so much work. I've had to write three essays and on top of that at least four hours of maths work. It's torture but I'll get through.

Bye!

Please vote and leave a comment <3