19; The Returned Truth

If I could describe Mason's anger I would because he was furious. His mind irrational as he grouped together a bunch of random member and led them into an inevitable failure of an expedition to find his lost mate.

Of course, I was to blame according to him saying that I was the traitor which caused his mate to be taken and that if I wasn't so naive and stupid then she'd be here.

I was happy that at least one person was loyal to me. Alena. I felt so much relief when I heard her back me up. She told them that I wouldn't have the heart to do anything horrible. I didn't have the guts - which also could be taken as an insult.

I kind of kick myself about the situation though. We had drawn a majority of the warriors onto the field, yet left Rosie - what they were after - unattended. I was so naive and stupid that I just let them waltz in.

If I hadn't of spoken to Sebastian in the first place, Rosie would still be here with Mason. Simple as that. I wouldn't be in the worst situation ever and I wouldn't be standing staring into the eyes of a rogue wolf.

I found myself lured towards this wolf. A strange wolf with an ombre brown coat. His eyes seemed blank of emotion yet a slight recognisition was visible. I guess that's what drew me towards the rogue.

There was a cliff between us at the moment. He had led me to a bridge. A bridge made up of a tree that had been chopped down and laid across the cliff. The rogue had raised his eyebrow at me as if daring me to cross but also wanting me to stay. To stay far away from it as possible but I knew I wouldn't and so did the rogue. The rogue seemed as if it wanted to protect me, yet attracted me towards itself.

So as we continued to stare at each other, I made the first step onto the fallen, oak tree. A nervousness taking over me and causing me to sway on the oak. My eyes flashed with continuous fear.

I gulped quickly and placed my other foot onto the tree. Holding my hands out for balance, I took more steps making them swift incidentally.

I had to be more careful.

The wind was picking up at a hefty rate.

My legs quivered again but I continued knowing that the rogue staring at me wouldn't let me fall. The rogue looked as though it was ready to run and help if I needed it and something in my heart told me to trust him - maybe it was the adrenaline.

I knew this rogue. Somehow.

So as I continued my way towards him, my head becoming more leveled and my body becoming more confident with every step that I took. A smile appeared on my face for a miller-second yet when I did that, I slipped.

My leg fell from the right and so my balance fell too. I gripped the tree for support as I tried to use my upper body strength to pull myself up.

I was too weak.

I was too weak for this.

I knew I was too weak for this.

I knew that I neglected every single practice that the pack provided.

This was my fault.

Again.

I closed my eyes for a moment, ravishing the moment that I was in. Embracing the fear, the anxiety and the stress knowing that I didn't want to be in this situation again.

I heard a deep sigh from behind me. I strained my head to turn as much as I could and there was the rogue standing on a perfectly made bridge staring at me with amusement, embarrassment and dispair. His arms crossed with a quirked eyebrow.