40; The Calm

Mavis's POV

The weeks had passed.

My heart ached out for everyone that I cared about and I felt as though I couldn't help. Instead of being stuck in that room, I was now allowed to wonder around yet this time I was drained... helpless. They were to attack soon and I couldn't keep my eyelids open for more than a few moment.

I'd only hoped that Brett had found Mason even if they tried to destroy my spirit.

I knew I was dying. From the moment I passed out, I knew it. They were demanding so much from the shell of my body. The magic was too much and it was destroying everything - starting with my body.

Elouise seemed to make everything much more worse. She would taunt me or apologise to me or just stand there. I never really thought that she had a side, but she wanted to be on the winning side. I knew by the end of this she'd be on no one's side.

I had been visited by her earlier. She seemed to be sobbing yet I was too weak at the time to get up. She was crying about the death of our father. Again. She seemed to think by doing this she'd be avenging him, but in reality she didn't want to be hurt again.

I wondered why she told me about this. Maybe she thought that because of my state that I wouldn't be able to hear her or tell anyone her secrets that she pours out.

For the first time though, she did apologise specifically to me.

I'm sorry Clara.

She spoke genuinely and I believed her and although I couldn't accept it, internally I had.

So as my body currently laid as if I was a corpse. I wanted to cry.

There is always a balance in this life and with great power comes sacrifice and I was that sacrifice.