Popular one, the popular chick

The car ride to school was silent and awkward. Yasmine pretty much ruined everything. I lived pretty far from school so the ride was long. I looked at Ariana several but couldn't decide if she was mad or annoyed. I couldn't stand the silence.

"Okay. What is it? Tell me. Was it my sister? I'm sorry okay? I just... She thought we were dating. I'm sorry okay? I told her we weren't but she loves to ship people and I.. I’m just sorry. I know was pretty awkward for you and it was for me too. I just want to be friends. Ariana. I just... I really like you and--"

She stepped on the break at the red light and pulled my collar of the shirt and pressed her lips on mine. I felt hands run through my hair and tug on it. I grabbed her wrists and we broke our kiss.

Her face was shocked. "I'm sorry." she let go of me quickly. "I’m sorry... That was um unexpected. um.." She looked at me with those eyes. I smiled at her, “You’re fine.” The car behind us honked its horn obnoxiously and Ariana quickly drove forward. “Mika? I knew that you liked me. It was… pretty obvious.” I felt my face turn red. She laughed. “At times I didn’t know how to tell you that I didn’t feel the same about you.” My heart sank. “Oh.” I said.

She turned to me, “But Mika. I’ve figured it out. I don’t want to be friends.” I looked at her, “You don’t?”

“No,” she shook her head, “I’ve fallen for you. I can’t be friends with someone that I love that much.”

I looked down. did she just admit that she likes me back?

“Well, if you maybe don’t mind… I was um… -ahem- uh…”

She touched my shoulder, “Just say it.”  I took a deep breath.

“Ariana, will you go out with me?” she shrieked, “Of course Mika!” she threw her arms around me and held me tight. I hugged her back. She quickly parked into the closest parking spot and said, “I love you, Mika.” My heart was racing. “I love you too, Ariana.” I said.

Ari’s POV(:

I couldn’t believe I just told him that. I mean I do love him, but it just sounded weird out loud. I was Mika’s girlfriend now. Mika was my boyfriend. Wow it sounded nice to finally be able to think that. Last night I couldn’t stop thinking about him. I was so weird. I love him. Aaah. I love him.

He whispered, “I think it’s time to go.” I followed his gaze. I looked outside the windshield and saw Russell giving us a dirty look as he walked past.