Dyeing Inside

Ariana’s POV

Mika and I have been better than ever. I figured I needed to change my look. I was getting so bored with my hair color. I decided to dye it to my original hair color: dark brown/ almost black. Frankie dropped me off at the salon at noon while he went shopping for Georgia’s birthday present.

“Ariana!” Marg said while I opened the door. I hugged her. she was my hair dresser, my favorite hair dresser. She always dyed my hair almost every month when I came in for touchups. I sat in the spinny leather chair as she draped a black cape thingy over me.

“What do want to do today?” she asked taking my hair out of its ratchet ponytail.

“I’m going back to my natural color.”

“Really? Why?”

“I don’t know, I’m bored with my look.” She stepped away to get her supplies. She started to brush the hair dye into my roots and hair. The radio station set in the salon was the oldies station. The Grease soundtrack is one of my absolute favorites. Grease Lightning was playing. Oh I love that song. John Travolta, Olivia Newton- John. I’d love to sing like her. Marg took me to rinse my hair after forty-five minutes. After she towel dried my hair I saw my beautiful hair turned into a pile of crap.

“What?” Marg gasped. I couldn’t even talk. I couldn’t believe it.

“Oh, Ariana..” Marg said. I turned around to look at her. Her face was all of a sudden so sad.

“Ariana, honey, don’t cry.” she thrusted tissues to my eyes.

“My….hair…” was all I said. I cried so hard. I couldn’t handle it. What happened?

“Ariana come with me.” Marg gestured for me to walk to the back room with her. Once we were inside she gave me a bunch of cash. I watched with amazement as she kept slapping dollars into my hands.

“I’m so sorry sweetie, it’s the least I could do. Go to the beauty store across the street and use the money to buy extensions for yourself. It’s going to cost a fortune but I love you honey and it’s unfortunate that this happened to you. In the next two or three months don’t dye your hair anymore. It’s only going to get more damaged. Don’t use heat or a blow-dryer. Condition every day and keep your hair healthy.  Kay?” I nodded. Normally I could never take so much money from someone that I didn’t know that well, but right now my hair looked absurd and ratchet. What the heck was I supposed to do now?

--

Two hours later I walked out of that store with a head full of fake hair. Oh gosh, I felt like such a Barbie. I walked to the salon again and Frankie was there to pick me up.

“Looking good, Ari.” he said as he started the car.

“Gee thanks.”

--

I got home and looked myself in the mirror.

‘Ew’ was my only thought. I tugged on the fake hair. They were in there for good now. My hair is naturally curly. It’s a complete mess. No one has ever seen it natural however, because I always straighten it.  That must be why my hair is nothing but spilt ends and broken. I pulled my hair in its half up half down hairdo that I always have it in. It surprisingly hid the ugly hair and only showed the fake hair. Huh. I felt a little better.

--

One week later Mika came to me with the GREATEST news in the world!

Readahsss!

This chapter was short, but I promise the next one is gonna be super-duper exciting! Sadly, after the next chapter and the next few after that… I’m not sure how to continue. I might have to end this story. But anyway thanks so very much for your endless support and love. Hopefully someday, I can accomplish my dream; you guys are helping me get closer!

140 away from 2000 reads!

With much appreciation,

mika_freak_