Picking on me like a Dinner Plate

Mika’s POV

Next Monday I wasn’t able to see Ariana before school like we arranged. She said she had a ride from her brother. It wasn’t like her to cancel on me. But I figured she may want to spend some time with him. I drove myself and Yasmine to school.

“Are you and Ariana still dating?” Yasmine asked.

“Yeah, why?”

“Because… she’s probably mad at you.” Mad at me?

“Why do you say that?”

“She cancelled on you Mika… she’s obviously trying to avoid for some reason. She’s trying to indirectly tell you that something is bothering her.” How does she know this stuff? I nodded letting it soak in. I thought about what I could’ve done.

 I drove into school and parked my car. I looked for Ariana. Couldn’t find her. I looked for Tori and Liz. I found them closing the janitor’s closet. What were they doing in there? When they looked up and saw me they jumped. They looked at each other and just looked at me awkwardly.

“Is Ariana here yet?” I asked.

“Uh.. ya I mean”  Liz jabbed Tori with her elbow.

“No. not yet. She’s gonna be here late.” Liz said with a very serious tone. She was definitely lying to me but I pretended to believe her. Ariana was here. Was she hiding from me? Why? If something was wrong would she want to talk to me about it?

…..

During lunch period I went to the janitor’s closet where I found Tori and Liz. I had a hunch that they were hiding something from me in there. I tried opening the door but it was locked. I took a look around to make sure no one was there. Nope. Everyone’s in the cafeteria. I took out a paper clip and bent it so I could pick the lock. Next thing I knew I felt a hand over my mouth and my hands being bound together by a pair of larger hands. My yells were reduced to muffles. The strangers dragged me into the bathroom where they let go of my mouth. I heard a male voice laugh. I’d have known that voice anywhere. Russell. It felt like forever since he bothered me. Ever since Ariana, he sort of left me alone. But now I had to face him. I turned around but he just spun me around again. I thought I saw Zayn and Harry in the reflection of one of the mirrors but I wasn’t sure since I felt Russell plunge my face into a toilet. He kept his foot on my back as I tried holding my breath. They all cackled and I thought I saw a flash of a camera.

“Wait till little Ari sees her pathetic gay boyfriend in this picture.” Zayn says. They all left. I felt so.. stupid. I hated myself. No wonder Ariana’s mad. She probably wants to break up.  That’s it. She probably realized what a fool I am. Ugh I just wanna die. I wanna die all alone in a deep dark hole right now. Who knows what they’ll do with that picture. My life is over. This day has been terrible. High school is back to its normal self again. Right when I thought I was smooth sailing with Ariana the best girlfriend in the world, an amazing new dog, and my approaching record deal with Jimmy; my life has taken a wrong turn. I hoped this would never happen again. I am pathetic. I’m a jacked up weirdo. How did Ariana ever cope with my oddness? I’m an utter failure.

….

Ariana’s POV

I woke up this morning and realized that Mika was going to pick me up. I really didn’t feel like talking to him though. I texted him saying that Frankie was driving me to school today. But Frankie was still messed up. I’ve never seen him like this.I decided to ask Liz and Tori for a ride. They said yes. I told what happened with Jimmy and Mika’s new friend Pricilla.