We Almost Knew What Love Was

Ariana’s POV

Mika told me that we’d get to shoot a music video for Popular. He said it was going to to be the release of our version of Popular. We got together the next day to talk about what the video would look like.

“What should the opening scenes look like?” he asked throwing a bottle of you to me from the fridge.

“Um, we should have the video tell our story. So maybe at school or something.”

“Do you want it at our actual school?”

“Yeah, why not.”

“Okay, who will play the bullies?”

“Oh. Definitely not Zayn and Russell.”

“Or Perrie.”

“Right, I don’t know. We’ll hire actors.”

“Good idea. They’ll get the message themselves.”

“Yeah.” we worked on the story boards for hours and fell asleep right on the couch in his arms. An hour later, we woke up and it was already six thirty. Mika’s mom and Yasmine were home so they offered to take me with them for dinner. I accepted and we all got in the car to drive to a restaurant. Mika drove and we played Popular for his mom to hear for the first time. She was so happy that Mika had made his big break in only high school. She was tearing up. Mika’s face turned red when I looked at him.

After dinner we went home again and finished the story boards for our video for Jimmy. The next morning Mika and I drove to Jimmy and talked about our video story.

“I LOVE it!” Jimmy clapped, “I’m real proud of you kids, ya know? I’m just so so happy with the way you two work together. I think, you two should do ANOTHER duet!”

Mika squeezed my hand under the desk. Another collaboration was an amazing idea.  We were scheduled to film at the school during spring break which was just around the corner. I was so flippin excited.

---

(spring break starts)

Mika’s POV

I wake up in the morning; something’s on my mind.*

*author’s note: see what I did there?

 Today was the big day. The video shoot. I got up and left a note for Yasmine. I drove to school still in my sweats and t shirt. My hair was a mess  and my face tired. But I was so ready for this. Ariana and I have been waiting for ages. When I got to the parking lot Ariana’s car was already there.

‘Impossible’ I thought, ‘How could she beat me?’ I got out of the car and the school was already equipped with the camera equipment. I looked inside and the school was buzzing with tons and tons of extras. “Damn.” I whispered to myself.

The second I turned in the other direction I crashed into a crew member carrying stage lights. There were so many people.

The director found me and told me to go to the stylist and makeup artist to help me get “camera ready”.

“Mika? Come here sweetie!” the makeup artist said to me waving me over. I walked in hoping to see Ariana but didn’t. Were they hiding her from me?

“Where’s Ari--?”

“Oh no no talking, you’re already late sir.”

It’s 5:30 in the morning..? I thought confused.

“Hmm mm. Nice skin for a boy..mmhmm yeah, no foundation for you.” she said with a smile. She leaned into my face with a small makeup brush in her hand and dusted brown and gray powder in the hollows of my eyes. I looked like a zombie. They put in yet another ridiculous outfit. Black pants and a blue vest and a collared white shirt that had a strange collar design. The only cool part of the outfit was the Swatch watch. I was done in a few minutes when they led me out to the first scene. The secret formula scene. In this scene Ariana and make a secret solution that turns our enemies into stone. It was our evil plan. I walked onto the set which looked so theatrical. It was amazing. I then finally saw my love. Ariana was sitting in a director’s chair looking beautiful. She was flipping through a magazine and sucking on a lollipop. I smiled and walked behind her and gave her a huge hug.

“Oh, Mika! I beat you here you slow poke. Slow Mika.” she said laughing.

“Anyway, are you excited for this?” she asked

“Hell yes.”

---

The video was released and it was a hit! I can’t believe we had gotten so many comments and views just over the weekend. Ariana and I had been thinking about our next duet. She wanted to write it this time. It should be good.

Ariana’s POV

I ran to my room and took the box of songs down from top shelf in my closet. I dug through the papers and finally found the one.

Almost Is Never Enough.

Yes.

Hello my beautiful freaks,

This is it. Well..almost. The next chapter will be the last of this story! Thanks y’all! byee

mika_freak_