Chapter Thirty One - Trinity - (Hunter's POV)

Trinity

*~Hunter's POV~*

Week Two, Day Three

Alex was acting weird. When he woke up from that nightmare two days ago he was about to say something to me. It seemed liked something important but he just dismissed it, and it bothered me. He could tell me anything – and he knows that. But he choose to keep it from me. So what did that mean? Was it really just something that Alex didn't think I would understand? I'm pretty sure I could understand it. Ugh, this was distracting. Everything was distracting really.

Since gaining my sharper hearing and eyesight and all the other things alike with all the alpha training, almost every single thing was a distraction. Like a leaf falling, and footsteps seemed louder. Breathing sounded weird. I could literally smell anxiety off of people. And I was starting to see red mist every now and then. But I was pretty sure that was just Curse. He was being more ... active, as of late. It was slightly unnerving. He didn't actually talk to me. Neither did Gift. They had been completely silent. But it seemed like they were planning something. Or at least Curse was. Again, it bothered me. It distracted me. And it was infuriating.

"Infuriating?"

I almost stopped frozen. Red mist was covering the ground, sloshing against my legs like it was water. Everything around me kept moving so I had to keep it together and continue walking. Hoping that I didn't seem too weird. The red mist was still covering the ground, becoming thicker and thicker. I closed my eyes and sighed a little bit as I pushed forward.

Maybe he'll go away if I close my eyes. I thought.

"Now that's just ridiculous, Hunter. Don't mock me."

Curse started to materialize before me and I ignored it. Kept walking forward calmly, even though my legs wanted to start running like he was the plague. He probably is though. Curse appeared fully beside me, eyes full of fire before burning out into pure red.

What do you want?

Curse laughed, dark and cold and empty, "Am I not allowed to check on my little pet? And you know you can speak out loud to me."

I rather not. Since when do you care about checking in on me?

"I always care about checking in on you. When you're in pain and darkness. Doubting your relationship and position. Drowning in sorrow and losing yourself bit by bit." He laughed, "I really do enjoy watching you fall apart, little pet."

I felt a shiver of disgust run through my body. Please don't call me that.

"Fine then, Hunter. I'll leave my little pet alone for now. However, my next visit won't be so lighthearted. I'll make sure you're all alone and choking on your own despair. So close to falling off the deep end. So completely ready for me to show the depths of insanity. And you'll never make your way out little Hunter. A mouse caught in a trap. Begging me to release you." Curse chuckled darkly, voice low and echoing through my brain, vibrating through my skull. He reached out and gripped my arm, hand searing pain into my bones.

I almost flinched. Almost cried out. Almost started to violently yank my arm away to get relief. But I didn't. Painfully aware of where I was and what was happening around me other than Curse.

"You still have a long way to go. A long journey until you find me and we have our play time. But I'll always be here. Resting right in here." He flicked my forehead and smiled at my irritated look. "Bye for now little Hunter."