Chapter Twelve - Binding Rituals - (Alex's POV)

Binding Rituals
*~Alex's POV~*

I sighed looking at the tent instructions even though Hunter was doing all of the work. I felt kind of worthless. But, none the less I was still here. Because that's what I'm supposed to do, be the human carry on. I mean they're werewolves for fucks sake! I just didn't understand why I had to be dragged into all of this. But if I never was dragged into this then the same thing would be happening to some unlucky guy ... or girl, now that I think about it.

Huffing, I kicked a rock by my foot. I felt myself starting to get jealous at the thought of some girl hanging all over Hunter. Which is very hypocritical, as I had been all over his brother. I took a glance at Hunter. Watching him work on setting up the tents. His impossibly black hair falling in his face a little. And his lips parted slightly as he concentrated on fitting the pieces together. Standing up, I walked over to Hunter and sat down next to him.

He looked very handsome putting things together. And for the first time since finding out I was his mate, I really was finding myself glued to his every move. The way his body moved and how his fingers slightly dragged over the tent like he was petting it. The way his eyes would catch mine every now and then.

Hunter caught my eye again and stopped what he was doing. "What?" he asked, slightly amused.

I shook my head, smiling, "Its nothing. I just like watching you work."

He smiled at me, while starting to go back to working. When he finished, he looked back at me. He cupped my cheek with one hand and leaned in and kissed me. Slow and sweet. It almost made my heart stop. My breath was shallow and I was losing all thoughts. I was feeling light headed and I didn't want the sensations to stop. It was all too much. And though I could feel the hunger and want in the kiss it still remained soft and delicate.

It was filled with short gasps and pants. And Hunters lips melding with mine. My body was starting to feel warm all over and the light motions of Hunter's thumb stroking my cheek were over whelming. I was breaking out in shivers and I swear I was dying from the most amazing kiss I've ever had.

Someone cleared there throat behind us and me and Hunter broke apart. Although, not in an embarrassed or panicked way. We kind of just looked at each other. Not moving to far from each other. My eyes flickering between his eyes and lips.

"Sorry to interrupt, but it's almost dark and we need to start this fire." Damon said.

"Right." I said back, finally looking away from Hunter and just blinking at the ground.

"Alex, can we talk?" Molly asked and I just nodded my head and followed her where ever, occasionally looking back at Hunter to find him looking back at me. God, what just happened to me? I shook my head and tried to focus on what Molly was saying to me. Triedbeing the keyword. "... we can do the ritual tonight."

"Wait, what?" I said finally hearing her.

"I said we can do the ritual tonight. I found the ruins. But, I had to tell Damon." She said.

I sighed, "Well, should we tell Hunter then?"

"No. He has enough to deal with. Besides, I think you and him need way more alone time. Not to impose or anything, but I know that you can't really concentrate right now because your thinking about Hunter, right?" I nodded my head slightly blushing. "And you guys have had a lot of tension building up around everyone – especially Damon, so I think me leaving as soon as possible will help relieve a little of the stress around here. Just, please be care. Okay, Alex?"

"Of course I'm going to be careful, why wouldn't I?"

"Not like that Alex. I mean emotionally. I know that you and Damon have a ... strong connection, but you have to be rational. I don’t want you to get hurt. I've grown quiet found of you." She laughed. I smiled at her and nodded. We all sat around the fire that Damon and Hunter started and just started to forget about everything. The fights, the rouges, and even Molly was letting herself have some fun and not think about later tonight. It was nice. Seeing everything and everyone not feeling worn out and tired and, just upset. We didn't have to think about if we were going to survive or even how long this was going to take. We were just all relaxed. And it was nice.