Chapter Two - Save Me - (Alex's POV)

Save Me

*~Alex's POV~*

I sighed looking at the bruising on my skin. They were looking better. I checked the mirror again seeing which bruises would heal, which one's would take a while, and the one's that had no chance of getting better. The new cuts and other various harmful pains on my body from last night didn't look so bad. I had actually managed to get away with a minimum beats from my father and the kids at school.

Ever since mom left father has never been the same.

My mom left us when I was five. She only left because my father was becoming abusive, and she feared that he would become abusive towards me. But she had to leave fast, so she promised me that she would be back for me. She was to get stable enough that she could provide for me. Five years later, when I was ten, I found out that she had died in a car crash on her way to pick me up.

Of course my father assumed that it was my fault. That if I wasn't the one she was coming to get that she wouldn't have crashed. And then he started with my abuse.

I sighed going to laid back down on my bed quietly, making sure I didn't make any sound. My father has like, super hearing. I mean if I so much as made a squeaking sound he was wake right up and come to yell and hit me some more. I felt the same strange feeling I've been having since I was like, two. That sometime near by I would be safe. Away form all this madness, that I could trust somebody. But, I've only ever trusted one person before. Damon Stone.

We use to be good friends, but I made the mistake of falling for him. But, it wasn't like I didn't notice his younger brother that always seemed to follow us. I mean, I’m pretty sure his brother couldn't tell because I would think he would have told him to go away or something. Anyways, I could feel him there. I wouldn't even have to be facing him to know exactly were he was anytime of the day. It kind of freaked me out at first but I just thought it was because I never really met him face to face, so I just felt his presence.

Shortly after me and Damon's first few years of being friends, two years to be exact, I told him about my feelings for him. He said it was fine, and that he didn't return the feelings, but after that we went back to regular. Well for a week anyways. Apparently he was just trying to be nice enough to where I couldn't see that he thought I was a disgusting little creature. He sent his boys after me for weeks. I got worst beatings than ever before. It continued on for years. But it turned out that Damon's friends just liked using me as a punching bag because I over heard Damon asking them if they had stopped hurting me and they all flat out lied saying yes.

So here I am. Sixteen, and still getting the abuse from guys one year older than me. Yet somehow as I laid there starring at the ceiling, I felt that same feeling I felt when I was little. Kind of like someone was just watching over me and waiting for me. When in reality, I should be the one waiting for them. The feeling was like, someone was about to come and save me. I really wished that they did.

Sighing I started to think about how to escape today's beatings. This insomnia is getting worse. Now I wake up everyday at four in the morning, and I can't go back to sleep and just look up at the ceiling until it's time to get ready for school.

Two hours went by way too fast. And soon enough I was quietly getting dressed and opening up my bedroom window to escape yet another morning of hate from my father. Moving quickly and quietly I still had that funny feeling of someone coming to save me. I almost laughed at that thought. But I didn't because if I did it would blow my cover. Damon's friend would come find me faster. I was just enjoying the time a had left until I had to run for my life once again.