Chapter Twenty One - Problems - (Alex's POV)

Problems

*~Alex's POV~*

There's nothing worse than blacking out. To feel like a part of your life was wiped away. Like you missed something important. But I knew that it was Josh. Josh was dead. But how did I know that? Did ... did I actually kill him? If I did why couldn't I remember? What was so bad about it that my brain was trying to hide it from me?

I sighed and kept trying to concentrate on unpacking the clothing in front of me. Putting all of the clothes in order by tops and jeans and color coding them. I was trying to make the task as tedious as possible. And even then I knew I was going to be waiting. Just waiting and waiting and waiting for Hunter to get home.

I didn't understand why he was upset with me but it hurt. It hurt thinking that some part of him wasn't going to forgive me. I knew that as soon as I saw him, I would be babbling on and on about how I was sorry and just profusely apologizing to him. Even if I don't know what I'm apologizing for. Nevertheless, I would still be doing just that. The door to the bedroom opened and Mrs. Stone came in.

“Hey. How are feeling?” She asked.

I gave a sigh and stopped fiddling with the clothing and sat down next to her. “I'm fine. It's just... Hunter kind of snapped on me and I don't know why. I feel like I might have done something to upset him but I don't know what.” I said.

“Do you think it has something to do with Josh's death?” She asked.

“I can't remember Josh's death.”

“What do you mean?”

“I mean I literally can't remember. Like I blacked out or something. I know that sounds stupid or like an excuse but I really can't. It's just not there. And I don't know why or how.” I sighed. Mr. Stone looked concerned. “Is it … is it Molly? Could that even be possible?”

“No. No, it's not. To be honest I don't know why this is happening.” She stood up and walked over to the door, “There's still a lot of things we don't know about the Curse. And we most certainly don't know about how it effects others.” The door downstairs opened up and Mrs. Stone looked at me before she opened the door and Hunter stood behind it.

The mood of the room dropped down to unsettling as Mrs. Stone left the room for just me and Hunter. He motioned for us to sit on the bed. And I felt like I was going to be sick. I didn't know what I did wrong and I didn't want Hunter to be mad at me.

The whole time I walked over to the bed and sat down I was just thinking to myself that I could not fuck this up. I had to make things right with Hunter no matter what. I didn't want things to be worse than they already are between us.

“Hunter, before you start. I just want to tell you that I don't remember it. I don't remember Josh's death.” I said softly.

“I doesn't matter that you don't remember. You killed him, Alex. You did exactly what I didn't want you to do. And for reasons I can't explain to you it has devastated a part of me and put you in harms way. And i understand that you don't want to be babied but, Alex, you still have no idea about half of the things that come with being mated to a werewolf. You are always in constant danger and I the last thing I wanted for you was blood on your hands. If something were to happen to you ..." Hunter paused and took a deep breath he closed his eyes before continuing, "If something were to happen to you, Alex I don't know what I would do. But it would not be good. All I'm asking is for you to trust me when I ask you not to do something." He finished.

"I do trust you Hunter. And I know that you're only trying to keep me safe. I just... There was this feeling growing inside of me and I just - apparently - killed Josh. I don't know what happened to me." I said.

Hunter looked at the floor of his bedroom. His face conformed in sadness. And i didn't know what to do. I laid my head down on his shoulder and let out a little sigh. After a moment I just barely heard him whisper, "He's not apparently dead. He is dead."

I looked at him, "Hunter." He turned his head to mine. "I'm sorry." He sighed and put his forehead to mine. He brought his hand up to my cheek and stroked it. I gave him a small smile and closed my eyes. I felt Hunter pull me closer to him and wrap me in his arms. And for the first moment in a while I felt safe and happy. I was happy to be in Hunter's arms and on better terms with him.

I opened my eyes and Hunter was still staring at me. He leaned in and in an almost frustratingly way he kissed me. Capturing my lips desperately and crushing my body to his. His hand had moved down to my waist and they were gripping me tightly. The kiss was slowly making me loose my breath. I was felling light headed and i didn't care. I was falling in love with Hunter. I was starting to feel Hunter's despair need coming through the kiss.

Hunter laid down on the bed moving me with him and making me straddle him. He let go of my lips and trailed his down my neck. Mouth trailing over my claiming but, that still hadn't gone away, and it sent shivers going through my body and the room was becoming increasingly hot.

Taking my hand up to head i pulled him away from my neck and back to my lips. Hunter was feeling more confident now and I was in bliss. This bliss was just a feeling of falling through air. Not having to worry about hitting the ground. That I could just be buried in the warm comfort of Hunter.

The kiss was turning into a slower more romantic one. Hunter pulled away first and brushed some hair out of my eye. I gave a content sigh and rest my head on his chest. It was strange and weird and a bit unsettling how we went from not talking to acting like nothing ever happened. It was nice in a way. Knowing that I could very easily just go running to Hunter. But it was a bit flimsy. It made our relationship a little bit harder in a way. How did I know that what Hunter was telling me was how he really felt? Maybe I'll never know. But I just, really wanted reassurance. I wanted reassurance in anything really.

I was going to open my mouth to ask him about the things he talked about – with me being in danger and what not – but the door was opened and Damon came in.

“Hunter. There's some bad news.” He said.

Hunter sighed before sitting up as I got off of him, “What happened now?” I could tell that he was getting tired and stretched thin. It just seemed to be one thing after another.

“It's the Rain Shadow Pack. They've stopped by for a … visit. And they aren't happy to say the least.” Damon said.

“Fuck.” Hunter said.

“Who or what is the Rain Shadow Pack?” I asked.

“It's the pack that Molly and Josh came from.” Hunter said.

A/N: Hey guys, I've been slammed with AP test and homework and I've been so exhausted that I could just not get this chapter uploaded. But next weekend there will be a double upload of the next chapter of this story that should have been uploaded today and the first chapter of Michael and Liam's story (from "I HATE YOU" and it's sequel "Hey, I STILL HATE YOU") will be coming out! So yay!  Their story is called "Be My Escape" and I hope you guys will like it. Anyways, just one question today: Why do you think the Rain Shadow Pack is here? o.O M'kay, love you guys, BYE~ Pick is of Alex. (sorry it's a short chapter!)