Chapter Thirteen - Point and Shoot - (Hunter's POV)

Point and Shoot
*~Hunter's POV~*

I sat next to Alex, who was laying unconscious in my bed. I just watched him and changed the towel on his head every ten minutes. And I was feeling a mixture of things all at once. The foremost being the fact that I actually claimed him. The bite mark was still there on his neck. A deep purple contrasting with his pale skin. And it was going to be there for a while. His face was soft and relaxed. His cherry-pink lips slightly parted and hair matted down to his head from the sweat his burning body was emitting. His cheeks were flaming little pink things and I swear it made him look even more innocent than he already does.

But what we had done earlier - what he did - wasn't so innocent. Alex used his alpha power that he's magically learned how to use and commanded me to claim him. And my wolf wasn't having any objections. So I gave in to my animistic instincts and claimed him. I feel torn between guilty and happy. I was happy that Alex wanted to be my mate and be with me, but I was guilty because he's not mine. Not really. And claiming him was mercilessly selfish. The only thing worse would be to mate him. The ultimate act of selfishness. But first, Alex has to wake up. Mate or not, I didn't want to lose him. There was a knock on the door and my mom came in with a new bow of water for Alex's towel.

"How is he?" Mom asked.

"His fever went down some and his breathing is back to normal." I said. Changing the towel on his head and saw him flinch a little a the new temperature of the towel. I caressed his cheek and pet his hair a little and his body relaxed. Moving slightly towards my hand. "How's dad?"

"He's felling a lot better now. But they really did a number on him." She sighed.

"We'll find them mom. Don't worry." I stated.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you and Damon." Mom said after a while.

I looked back up at her and shrugged, "It's okay. I know that you guys just didn't want to put anything more on me. Although, if Alex would have been passed out in the middle of the forest unconscious, I think I would have had to go to the Anger Room." I laughed.

She smiled at me. I couldn't be mad with my mom. She was only doing what she thought was best. Everyone had been like that. I sighed and looked back at Alex. I just hoped that he would be okay.

"The pack is having a meeting. You should go. I'll take care of Alex." She said. I nodded, and leaned down to kiss Alex on the lips softly before leaving my room. Once out of the room I let out a sigh of relief. I didn't know how much longer I could have taken seeing Alex like that. I walked downstairs to find Damon sitting on the couch. When he noticed me he stood up, a little too quickly, and almost fell over himself.

"Um, how is he?" He asked looking rather tired.

"He's doing better now." I said. Damon nodded his head and a awkward silence took over. "I'm going to a meeting, if you wanted to come." I sort of asked.

"No, I'm good. You'll do just fine." He said before sitting back down on the couch.

I continued to walk out the door and pass the awkwardness that is my brother and into the woods. I started to run towards the base camp. And for a minute, it felt like all those nights before Alex. When I would run and run and run, trying to get the voices in my head to be quiet. I would run for miles. Sometimes hours. Days. Always running and never looking back. Never wanting to give into the voices and understand them. I didn't want any part of it. But look at me now. I have Alex but so much pain that follows it. And I have two crazy people living inside me head, well at least I know about it now.

The trees were the same shades of green everyday. The sky a dull blue. Everything would blur together. My days would drag on and in suffering and unhappiness. And then I finally gave in. I saved Alex and from that I brought a different kind of pain on him. Sometimes I wonder, that if I had left him there longer, what would have happened. I worry myself sick thinking like that. But I can't help it. Every night, I laid awake and think about the what if's and kill myself with every single idea that popped into my  head. If Alex hadn't been saved by me, who? But I was already at base and I tried to clear my head. Aurora was the first to notice me.