Sub-Chapter Two - Star Crossed - (Death's POV)

Star Crossed
*~Death's POV~*

"You stop this right now!" Life said bursting into the dimly lit space. The purple flames made her sharp white contrast look even more beautiful than normal. I stood up from my place in my chair and took hold of Life.

"I couldn't do anything about that." I said.

"Yes, you could have Death!"

"No! I couldn't have, Life! Josh had a set death. There was nothing that I could have done. If Josh hadn't died then Curse's game wouldn't have started and he would have known." I snapped at her. She fought against me and I let go of her wrist. Life cradled her bruised wrist and I sighed.

I walked away from her and pulled our first aid kit from under the newest corpse laid at my feet. Life sat in the chair and looked at the dead body of Joshua Mason. She sighed, "You've made the boy kill. You have made Alex descend into your realm." I took her wrist gently and wrapped them in bandages. "I will not forgive you for that." Life said, finally looking away from Josh and into my eyes.

"I don't expect you to. And I am preparing the boy for war. For Curse's war. This was not something we could have avoid. Curse already knows about us, Life. He knows I would do anything for you and he holds that over me. If I didn't carry this out he would have come for you."

"He can't kill me you know." Life mumbled.

"But he can torture you."

"Death, you don't have to worry about me all the time. I know what Curse can do. And I also know what you can do. So you watch yourself before you running around talking about bringing down Curse because your right, he does have the upper hand in this. So think, before you something else reckless." Life said. I wanted to kiss her but just touching her was dangerous. Life and Death in a relationship. How Shakespearean.

A/N: So I don't even know if I wanted this Sub-Chapter in here (<--- reason for being uploaded late) but I kind of felt like you guys need just a little breather before tomorrows Chapter comes out. (HINT: We find out who Hunter's mate is!) Also, I will be uploading tomorrows chapter earlier than usual due to my sudden plans to go to a concert tomorrow evening :D Until tomorrow my lovelies~ Pick of Death played by Oliver Skyes <3