Chapter Sixteen - Rouges - (Hunter's POV)

Rouges

*~ Hunter's POV~*

I was running. I've been running for so long I couldn't tell if my legs were even moving at all. But the mist was catching up to me. The thick red mist chasing after me. Rushing through the woods and killing everything in it's path. The trees set on fire and Curse's voice filled my every thought.

"Hunter." Curse hissed. "Come here, little Hunter."

My legs were weakening. They were about to snap under the pressure that I've been putting on them. The burning sensation from the mist was starting to get closer and closer. My mind was going blank and the only emotion I could register was fear. I was running for my life. Not able to stop or go faster. In fact, I think I was slowing down. The crackling of fire rushing into my ears.

As I turned to look at the flames burning down the woods, I tripped. I fell face first onto the ground. But it wasn't the ground anymore. It was blood. A river of blood covering my body. Pulling me down into its deeps, suffocating me. And Curse came out from the shadows to watch me. His eyes burning red. That ever present smirk on his lips.

"You thought you could escape me? I'm in your head Hunter. You can't get rid of me." Curse laughed. My hands tried to grab on to anything. A tree, a branch, any type of ground. But nothing was there. Curse dropped down to see my face. His hand clenched my jaw in his grasp. "Now burn for me little Hunter. I want to watch your face." He spat out, his eyes becoming flames.

The blood started to burn and boil my skin. The temperature rising at a rapid rate. My mouth was open as if I was screaming but nothing would come out. I was dying slowly, feeling every crackle and stinging burn inch its way towards my heart. The skin melting off and my bones becoming ash. My screams choking my air way as tears pushed out of my eyes from the burning ash in the air. And the whole time Curse was watching me. His eyes cold and hard but that sinister, playful smirk on his lips showed his enjoyment of the situation. He was in complete control and that's all that mattered. And then his hand pushed my head down into the blood.

I woke up, sitting up straight. My body broken out in shivers.

Glancing at the clock it read 6:30 AM. I sighed and got up. The sun would be rising in a little bit. Carefully, I got out of the bed as to make sure I didn't wake Alex who was sleeping soundly. Walking into the bathroom I sighed.

I hated sleep. Ever since my dreams were replaced by those nightmares. It's only been happening for about a week but they never repeated and were always about Curse killing me. I honestly couldn't figure out if I hated him or if I was afraid of him. But it didn't matter. What mattered is that I couldn't sleep.

There was no way that I would be able to even think about sleeping right now. Not while I keep having nightmares, or maybe they're mindmares. I sighed yet again, and stepped into the shower. My train of thought momentarily distracted.

We had to finishing packing, then we needed to find a trail. We also need to think about approach. We don't actually know who the rouges are so we should probably be cautious. As I finished up my shower, a sickening thought crossed my head. Damon. He was going to be there with us. This meant three things.

1. More protection for Alex.
2. Damon and I spend more time together to actually get along and not fight over Alex. Although, he did say he was backing off.
3. Damon would have an equal amount of time to get closer to Alex. Friendly or not, I was very skeptical.

And lately my emotions have been becoming a bit harder to control. The raging jealousy, the anger, the tears. They were not staying inside. They were showing in violent outburst. And it was very frustrating. But when ever I'm around Alex, it seems like that doesn't even matter anymore. Just trow caution to the wind and let all of your feelings free.