Chapter Twenty Eight - Snake Root - (Hunter's POV)

Snake Root

*~Hunter's POV~*

Week One, Day Three

We've been traveling for three days now. The days were long, nights short. But it's been nice having Alex next to me this whole time. He's been keeping me center. I didn't have time anymore to worry myself sick about how I shouldn't be keeping someone that isn't really my mate. But he didn't seem to mind being mine. And that, I suppose, was a good thing.

As of right now we were traveling through some tress that felt too tall and grass that was long. The sun was starting to set and we would have to set up camp soon. The walking was tiresome but it wasn't without perks. The scenery was beautiful. The leaves were turning golden, red, and orange. The tension wasn't as bad as it was before. I think that everyone just really needed a second to let everything settle in. I knew how unfair it was to just thrust everyone into a war and not expect confusion and an unorganized mess. Especially with me as the “alpha”. My father was putting me in the position to make all the hard choices.

I let out a little sigh and Alex looked up at me and gave me a small smile. I smiled back at him. And I felt better knowing that he was supporting me, even if I make some mistakes. And of course my father was helping me. But he mostly explained to me what a certain choice could lead too, how I could know that before hand, and then simply testing me on the best choices from time to time. But it was mostly a lot of following him around and taking notes on how he deals with things.

Natalie had sent out word to Snake Root and we should be seeing them sometime soon. And I hoped that we would see them before it gets too dark. We had arrived at a river. The rocks were covered in moss and the water seemed to be fighting with itself.

“Hunter!” I turned towards Damon and saw him looking at the edge of the river. I walked closer towards him and saw what he seemed alerted by. Rainbow rocks?

“Oh, aren't you very perceptive.” There was a slight laugh from the voice. Everyone turn towards the intruder. He smirked. Blond hair covered his eyes. He lean against a tree with his hands in his pockets. “I was hoping we could watch you guys for a little longer.” He kicked off the tree and walked towards me. “But it doesn't matter. Your weak.” His smirk grew wider as green eyes stared at me.

“That's enough.” A women appeared from the the trees nearby where the intruder was standing. She was dressed in a simple attire but she screamed, control and dominance. He turned away from me and scoffed.

“Enough? I hadn't even begun to tell them how weak their form is not to mention that they have no chance whatsoever of beating Rain Shadow in a real fight. In fact, even at their best I'm sure they would be so easily over whelmed and shocked that they couldn't put up a fight.” He said walking back over to her. His words were thrown over his shoulder causally like he was simply stating facts.

“It's not like we didn't already know this.” Another man with a strong build and long brown hair pulled into a bun on top of his head said coming out of the trees, followed by two others. A women dressed in combat armor, blond hair tied into a ponytail and a man with silver hair that covered his eyes completely. They stood together and looked at us with disgust. I felt myself become angered but I didn't do anything. This was a time for my father to work and for me to observe. I highly doubt that they would even care to here me speak simply because I wasn't alpha. So yes, this was another learning experience.

My father walked to stand in front of the pack. “I'm sorry, who are you?”

“Sandra, the alpha of Yellow Stone. I'm not here to start a fight nor will I fight in your war, I have no interest in it. I just want you off of my territory.” She stated.