Chapter Twenty Five - Down Time - (Hunter's POV)

Down Time

*~Hunter's POV~*

When we got home I sat down with dad and worked out a schedule for the next couple of weeks for training. Alex was by my side the whole time and even suggested some tips and things that we could work in as he remembered more of the finer details than I did. I was surprised at his memory and even the fact that he even wanted to help. And I could feel myself seriously lose myself in him and become even more frustratingly in love with him. I didn't care that my wolf didn't love him, because I did enough for the both of us.

I loved watching him when he started talking about an idea for the training. How he slowly started to feel more comfortable around my dad. That he was slowly starting to come out of his shell and accept his new Fate. And that was another thing. Damon, I vaguely recalled him saying that had someone inside his mind as well. Fate. I had to make sure to talk to Gift later about the possibility of there being others with supernatural beings inside them. It didn't make much sense that they would if I was the one with the curse, but again, something to discuss with Gift later.

My mind was in no better condition. I was starting to get headaches now. Nothing I could complain about. But they were getting there. As a werewolf I could sustain pain a little better than humans. So a little headache to me is like a migraine to Alex. It takes a lot and its been slowly growing now, not going away and getting a little more painful as the days go by. And I wasn't very happy with that. It was like a ticking time bomb. I could feel the explosion before the time ran out and I didn't like the results.

It started to rain and Alex and I headed to my room. Damon had wandered off to his room as soon as we got back. He looked tired and a little bit angry. I know Damon. I know when he's checking someone out because I've always been in his shadow. I know how he works. He can start off as friends with someone and before you know it, you're trapped and he has you under his spell. He'll charm you until your heart brakes. And he doesn't pick up his broken things. He may feel bad, but that didn't mean anything if he couldn't help them back up. And that's what he would do to Elijah. What's worse is that because Elijah hasn't found his mate his able to feel anything as strong as love with someone else. Until he finds his mate. So he could potentially fall for Damon and once again, Damon would have someone else under his belt. I knew he didn't actually think of himself as the third wheel. He just didn't want to have to keep watching. He didn't want to keep looking at me and Alex and then think about how I told him that he was really mated to him. He didn't want to see his mate with his brother. And I almost took a sick sort of pleasure in that. For him to be able to feel what I felt. But I'm not that person. Not yet.

We didn't know when Demetrius and Rain Shadow would return, so for now we finally got some much needed down time.

I laid down on my bed and Alex laid next to me. Our legs entangled and I pulled him closer to me. We laid there for a while just enjoying the calm sounds of the rain. The warmth of each other. And for once, the peace. I stroked Alex's cheek and occasionally brushed some hair out of his eyes. I took my time to look over Alex. His body was recovering from all of his beatings. There were less scars now. I smiled a bit.

“What?” Alex asked quietly.

“Nothing. Just … you look beautiful.” I said. Alex blushed and bit his lip in an attempt to not smile. My hand traveled to the back of his head. I played with his hair a bit before I brought him even closer to me and I put my lips on his.

The sensations ran shocks through my entire body. Everything we were doing was starting to feel more intense. Like we really were mates. And I loved the feeling. I loved feeling Alex's lips on mine. So soft and the way he was just slightly moan when my hand tightened its grip in his hair. And I slowly rolled us over so he was underneath me. I liked feeling Alex wrap his arms around my neck and pull me deeper into the kiss. I loved the feeling that I got we our bodies would rub against each other.