Chapter Twenty Six - Training - (Damon's POV)

Training

*~Damon's POV~*

It's been three weeks since Rain Shadow visited us. Everyone was on edge, especially Hunter. But we put all that edginess into our training. The schedule was ridiculous and we spent quiet a few nights at base camp. During this time I've gotten closer to Avery and Elijah as we all had to share a tent. Today we were working on basic combat skills. And to my upset, we were doing a lot of running. I never liked running during football practice, so I really didn't want to do it now. But it was whatever Hunter and dad said.

That was another thing. Dad had started seriously training Hunter to be the next alpha and he's been having him work with him on daily routine things and plan out tomorrows training schedule. They had also been spending a lot of time farther out in the woods and working on his werewolf abilities. He was getting stronger. And I felt super lame smiling at him when he came back from training stronger – but I couldn't help it. He was still my little brother and I was proud of him. Me and Hunter have been getting along better now. We still fight over stupid tiny things from time to time but it's way less than before.

Alex was training with Aurora.

They would meet before everyone else and head down to our personal shooting range and practice. Alex was scary good with a gun and after Skye taught him how to make the special bullets, I had the feeling that I really shouldn't fuck around with him. Alex was changing. And I didn't know if it was good or bad. Hunter didn't seem to be concerned, but he may just be hiding things again. I wouldn't really know because I've barely been around them – thank the wolf gods.

I sighed, and got up to leave the tent. Avery was still asleep and Elijah was gone. I grabbed a change of clothes and quickly started to make my way to the showers. Base Camp was like an actual camp minus most of the buildings. When you enter, it's just a massive walk way guarded by some of our rouges. We keep rouges and make them a part of our pack to strengthen our numbers and because they're rouges they give us more ability to disguise ourselves and it adds more to our status as a good strong pack. After the walkway it opens up to a campfire which is were we all gather for dinners and stuff. Behind that there is a little tarp covered area for meetings.

On either side of the tarp there are pathways leading to different locations. The right side was the tents and a little behind the tents were the houses for the rouges who lived at the camp. To the left were where all the training tents and things were. And if you were to go down the path a little farther you would find the shooting rang, the main medical building/showering area, and an open field. The open field is were we do most of our werewolf training.

As I passed by one of the training tents I saw Elijah. I stopped for a moment and watched him. He was throwing knives at a target paper and was barely doing any damage. My arms crossed over my chest as I walked closer and lean against the table nearest the entrance.

“What do you think you're doing?” I asked. Elijah jumped and his knife flew from his hand and hit the closet to a head shot that he's gotten all this time.

“Fuck, Damon. You scared me!” He said turning around to glare at me.

“Well you seem to make better shots when you're scared. And you should have sensed me.” I said with a smirk.

“I was concentrating!” He said. He was getting worked up and it was … cute. I internally sighed. My wolf and myself were so confused. The person I thought was my mate, Molly, was actually Alex's girl half and she left to go back to her world. And a whole bunch of shit happened with Josh before then and now he's dead. Then Hunter tells me that Alex is my mate even though my wolf has already told me that it doesn't want Alex. I personally wanted to be with Alex but I knew how wrong that would be. So I was basically mateless and now just a stupid teenage boy. And of course I would just have to pick the somewhat innocent looking, hot-headed Elijah to be the object of my affection.