Chapter 5:

In the daytime, the train station was a flare mass of humanity. Everyone from every walk of life was shoulder to shoulder, in each other's faces, no personal space, no exceptions.

Olivia sat on one of the wooden pews inside the train station, waiting for John to return from the ticket office. As time passed, she became concerned and curious about what was taking him so long and just what he had planned up his sleeve. Twenty minutes passed since he had told her to wait there, and as her eyes scanned the many crowds pass her by, she started to get worried.

Just as she was thinking about his whereabouts, she saw John walking towards him with a smile on his face and something in his hands.

"Here ya go, madame," he sarcastically bowed to her, a ticket in his hands. As he stood upright, he couldn't help but notice the confused stare on her face, "Is this alright?"

Her head tilted as she gazed up at him confusingly, curious what plan he had stirring in the mind his, "Just where are we going?"

He wiggled his eyebrows at her and exchanged a goofy smile, "Just you wait, little darlin'. It's a surprise, and I don't want it to be spoiled," his ears perked up as he heard the last calls for the train they were supposed to board.

John's eyes quickly searched for the train, scanning each platform, "We better be on our way then. Our trains 'bout to leave without us," he grabbed her hand, tightening his grip as they rushed towards the train.

As they approached it, John's eyes scanned down the platform, and his eyes met the conductor, "Is this the train to..." he paused, almost forgetting Olivia was standing there eavesdropping.

The massive set, balding man nodded at them, "To London? Yes, it is," the man raised an eyebrow at them, pausing as he kept his eye on them, "Do you have your tickets?"

Olivia's eyes widened, "London? You're takin' me to London?!" She smacked his shoulder with the back of her hand, shaking her head in disbelief.

John grinned childishly, grabbing her ticket and handed it to the conductor, "Surprise!" he shrugged his shoulders before they walked up the stairs into the carriage, looking for their seats as they made their way down the aisle.

As soon as they found their seats and settled in, Olivia stared at John as he nestled in his place, still surprised, "We could've stayed here, ya know."

"We've already done everythin' in Liddypool together. I wanted this to be special and somethin' you'd remember for the rest of your life," John lightly jabbed her on the chin with his fist, slyly wrapping an arm around her.

All she could do was return the smile at him, feeling her cheeks turn a fuchsia red. She didn't know what to think of what was happening.  John was suddenly different, but in a promising way; he had done something special for her, which was out of the ordinary. 

Olivia remembered he was never this way with the other girls at home. The John that she knew and grew up with was arrogant, selfish, crude, and craved the attention. John was never one to show his feelings or become sentimental around anyone.  What was it about her that was causing John to act so charming?

During the entire train ride, they spent it talking about everything. John craved to know this part of Olivia she had never shown to anyone and had hoped her feelings for him were progressing as much as he had hoped. His eyes were glued to every smile, laugh, blink, and every word from her lips, noticing he was beginning to fall extremely hard for her.

 His eyes were glued to every smile, laugh, blink, and every word from her lips, noticing he was beginning to fall extremely hard for her