Chapter 18:

The silver elevator doors gradually opened onto the 86th floor of the Empire State Building as Don and Olivia exited and followed the lightly illuminated hallway down. They reached an area with vast glass windows revealing the view of the city.

She strolled closer to one of the windows and gazed among the night view of the city skyline. This view was something she had never seen anything like this in her entire life. Her eyes examined the city and admired all of the buildings that were beautifully lit with lights to each their own.

"My God," she whispered to herself, unsure if he had heard anything from her, but she was now completely drawn to the city. It was at this moment that she fell in love with New York City.

"Amazing, isn't it?" He smiled as he slid his hands into his pockets, keeping his eyes on her. There was just something about her was utterly intriguing. Olivia was different from anyone he had ever met. Just her persona and mannerisms made her exciting, and he wanted to get to know her more.

She turned back around and faced Don, "I wouldn't say that," her eyes returned to the glass window, leaning her body into it a little, "This is... breathtaking. I've never been anywhere like this. I can see why everybody loves New York."

"I'd invite you to go outside, but it's a little chilly," his hand gestured towards the observation deck.

Her attention turned to the few amounts of people standing outside and snapping pictures of the stunning skyline with their cameras, "This is real nice of you, Don," she redirected her attention back to him, "You did something fascinating for me, someone you know nothing really about. Why is that?"

Don stepped forward, giving her a wide grin, "You intrigue me, Liv. The moment I bumped into you at that concert, I had to get to know you. For me, it's not just a coincidence that you were also at the nightclub the same night I was."

"Alright then, so, what do you want to know about me?" She returned a small smile at him and wondered exactly where this was going to go.

His eyes glanced over at the skyline behind her, then back at her, "Hmm... Age?"

"17, 18 in August. You?"

"20, 21 in February," He leaned his shoulder against the wall, facing her, "Your turn. Ask a question."

"Hmm," she bit the bottom of her lip and thought for a moment, "Okay, choice ice cream?"

"That's easy," he smiled, folding his arms and laughed, "Rocky Road."

"Gotta go with good ol' Neopolitan," she laughed, watching his expressions as they exchanged questions and answers back and forth for the next half hour.

She played with the ends of her hair, twisting them and wrapping them around her index finger, "Favorite moment?"

With the night skyline behind her, she glowed with beauty, and he exchanged a smile at her, "I'm going to have to say this one."

"Cheeky," she smiled as her face flushed a bright red. Their eyes stared at each other for a moment when she finally came to her senses, "It's getting late, unfortunately."

He sighed, forcing a pout, "I'm afraid so," Don cleared his throat, scratching the back of his neck, "Can I ask what you're doing tomorrow evening?"

Olivia noticed the daydream gaze that was in his blue eyes and slightly shrugged, "I'm not too sure. My manager usually informs me the morning of my night events, such as tonight," she could sense his anticipation, "Unless I already have other plans."