Chapter 19:

Nerves were going through her body as she threw in a carnation pink dress into her suitcase, the last piece of her clothing.  Her eyes glanced up at the clock hanging on the hotel room as she snapped her luggage shut. 

It was the end of February in Fort Lauderdale, Florida and Olivia hadn't been home to Liverpool since December. She was feeling uneasy about going back home not only because since the consistent outings with Don had spread all over the media but also knowing John was there.  They hadn't communicated since their last telephone fiasco, and she was attempting to forget him as things with Don progressed. Things had changed not only with her but also with him.  She knew that John was right; he wasn't in the same place she was in, and he didn't understand the pressures, the conflicts of schedules, and the lack of time.

"You alright?" Don had been watching her for the past few minutes and felt she was starting to stress.

She immediately snapped out of the trance she was in and turned to him, smiling, "Oh, just making sure I don't forget anything," she let out a heavy sigh and strolled towards him, "Think I can just stay with you?"

He scooted himself to the end of the sofa he was sitting on, allowing her to sit next to him, "This will be nice for you to go home. You're telling me you're not going to enjoy having a week off?"

"If only it were with you," she placed her head into his shoulder, "I don't know what I'm going to do."

Don chuckled and grabbed her hand, interlacing his fingers with hers, "I'll be there in a week. Buddy and the gang will be in London in a few days. I'm sure you'll find something to do. It's your home."

"Right," she huffed as her mind began to trail off again, "I just hope I things don't get too out of control with the press, ya know."

Don and Olivia had become extremely close since their first kiss on New Year's Eve in Times Square. She had never been with anybody since John so she couldn't help notice there were those differences about Don that was opposite of John. Don was always so very patient with her and her schedules. He always seemed to find a way for them to see each other, even it was for only an hour. Don understood the pressures and the madness of the industry and the press; John did not.

Larry walked in, staring at his watch, "Alright Olivia, it's time," he pointed at her teal blue suitcase to the bellboy who immediately tended to it.

She stood to her feet with Don following the same, "Right now?"

"Right now," Larry sternly looked at her, "You need a break. I'm not getting into this discussion again, Olivia."

Olivia shot a disappointed look to him, then her eyes met Don's and sighed, "I'll see you soon, right?"

Don wrapped his arms around her and held her in a tight embrace, "I promise," he whispered into her ear, slowly exhaling a deep breath against her neck, "Don't have too much fun without me."

His breath sent a shiver down her spine. A slight smile escaped her lips as she withdrew from the embrace, "I won't," she leaned in close to him and rested her lips onto his, exchanging a deep and loving kiss.

"I'll miss these lips," he laughed as he pressed his lips against hers once more, deepening the kiss.

Larry cleared his throat, "Olivia."

She withdrew, rolling her eyes, "Damnit," she placed a few more quick kisses onto Don's lips, smiling, "See ya," Olivia snatched her black leather purse and quickly shuffled her way to Larry, who was tapping on the face of his watch again.

Olivia gave one last glance at Don and smiled, blowing a kiss his way. The past few months had been so incredible for her, and he made her happy. As she began walking down the hallway with Larry, all her mind focused on was hoping and trying to have a pleasant and peaceful time at home.  It had been a long while since she was able to spend time with herself, and Larry was right; it was well overdue.