Chapter 37:

November 09, 1960

It was a whole new day, just as every day was. Nothing, in particular, was in store for today, with the exception that Olivia and her fellow friends had finished their final fashion show in Hamburg. There were about fifteen girls present within Coco Chanel's show of her new collection but among them, were three girls she was familiar and friendly with. Julie, whom she had travelled many times with had been within the company of their suite in the Fairmont Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten, one of the oldest and prestige hotels in Hamburg. Olivia knew it was a complete honour for Coco to have put them into such a nice hotel such as this one. Alongside in her suite were two other girls - Lesley, who stood two inches taller than Olivia and had long golden locks that reached the crook of her back and then there was Elizabeth, a feisty but fun loving short haired brunette that had green eyes that seemed to dazzle each man that she had come in contact with. Olivia enjoyed each one of their company during the fashion show tours across Europe. It was nice to finally have girls that she could feel she could associate with and get along with.

Julie, Lesley, and Elizabeth had been gathered into the sitting room of their suite, waiting for Olivia to get off the phone in her hotel room. She had been summoned earlier on the phone by her manager Larry two hours ago and they all knew that this had to do with her divorce or the preceding before the divorce.

Elizabeth began to grow impatient as she sat on the floor uncomfortably with a book in her hand, "I wanna go out before it's too late."

Lesley rolled her eyes back and looked at the watch on her wrist, "It's a quarter after midnight. It's already too late."

"Nah, the night has just begun!" Julie slyly smiled, watching Elizabeth's growing devious smile.

"Yes, yes!" Elizabeth exclaimed, throwing the book in her hand off to the side of her, "Shall I go interrupt?"

Julie shook her head, "No. I'm not gettin' in the middle of that shite."

"But.." Elizabeth whined, but then heard the sound of a door opening. Her head perked up, turning her attention to the room Olivia had been cooped up in with her eyes widened.

The door slowly opened and there emerged Olivia, with a glum frown on her face, "Sorry, that was a lot to take in."

Just seeing the sorrowful expression on her face made Lesley wonder if things still had not been settled, "Don't tell me the bastard is prolonging it again.."

Olivia threw a half smirk to all of them and shrugged her shoulders, "It is what it is.." she looked up from the floor and at the three pair of eyes that had been glued to her every word. Suddenly, she couldn't hold the smile she had been fighting to hide and grinned at all of them, "Gotcha!" She raised her hand up in the air, "It's done! It's finally done! Olivia Harris is now a free woman."

The room roared with laughter and screams of joy as they all jumped to their feet in excitement. They all quickly ran up to her, throwing their arms around her at the same time, pulling her into a group hug. This moment could not have been more perfect. It was done. The divorce had been finalized and official. Olivia was now single, free, and able to be who she wanted and be with who she wanted.

"Let's go out and fuckin' celebrate!" She threw her hands above her head, shrieking again in joy.

Lesley sighed, "Ah, come on... it's after midnight. I'm tired."

"No!" Olivia placed her hand on Lesley's shoulder, "I need you!"

"You need me? You'll be fine gettin' bevvied with the others," Lesley shook her head, sighing as she was attempting to get out of partying tonight. Her flight was going to leave early tomorrow and she needed a good nights rest.