Chapter 30:

February 14, 1960

The small white Rayetheon Premier aeroplane landed down abruptly onto the runway of the London Heathrow airport and gradually began decreasing its speed. Olivia glanced over to Don as his tight grip with her hands slowly released from her. He exhaled a deep sigh of relief once the plane's speed started to decline, slowly making its way throughout the runway.

Ever since Buddy's death in January of last year, it became so challenging to get on a plane for Don, especially during the winter season.

Olivia decided against telling Don about her kiss with John. She genuinely wanted to be honest with her husband, but she remembered he still had a sense of jealousy of the close relationship between the two of them. Telling Don would drive their marriage apart, and after the past couple of months, things appeared to get better. The more that she put all her focus and attention on their marriage, the better things became.

Returning to Don was the toughest decision she ever had to make. Her heart has consistently been pulling to John, but she felt that because she had made a promise, she needed to fulfill that promise to Don and put all her attention and even her heart on their relationship.

The moment the plane had come to a stop, Don quickly unbuckled his seat belt and stood to his feet, "I thought that was never going to end."

Once unbuckled, Olivia used the top of the seat in front of her to help pull herself up, still exhausted from the flight.

"Seems we have some press waiting for us," Phil said as he peered out of one of the windows.

Don draped his arm around Olivia, gently rubbing her back, "I had a suspicion they would be after Larry released the statement."

"Speak of the devil himself," she whispered to Don with a smile on her face when Larry walked on board the plane.

"How was your flight?" He perched his glasses up onto his nose, holding his famous brown briefcase.

"Oh, it was steady. This morning though..." Phil wiggled from out of the aisle of seats and nodded at Larry.

"Good," Larry interrupted him and stared at Olivia, "There's a bit of press out there that would like some questions answered if that's alright."

Olivia sighed, pursing her lips a little, "I don't have a choice, do I?" This year had become a little more hectic with press and fans, and it hadn't surprised her. Don and Phil were so busy working in the studio recording, and the fans reactions just confirmed that it was beginning to all payoff.

Larry smirked, peering at her through his glasses, "No, I'm afraid not," he started to head down the aisle once more, "This way. Please let's not keep them waiting."

Every step they made towards the exit of the plane felt as if they were all being dragged out the door. Dealing with the press was the last thing they wanted to do right before going to rehearsals for their show at the London Palladium tonight.

The minute they stepped onto the ladder, the group of press waiting at the bottom crowded closer, bringing the cameras they had to their faces and started to snap pictures consistently. Don held onto Olivia carefully as they made their way down the steps of the ladder. The last thing he wanted was for her to have an accident and to fall down the stairs.

Larry held his hands up to the press once Don, Phil, and Olivia had reached the ground, now standing behind him, "Can we get some quiet, please? We'll start answering questions, but I'm afraid we won't be spending a lot of time as to The Everly's need to rehearse."

The press and photographers had become silent, pulling out their pens and notepads.

"We imagine you all are feeling a bit tired. Are you feeling a little hectic, Don?" A young and tall man yelled out from the back of the crowd.