Chapter 17:

Her eyes blinked a few times to assure herself that she was not in a dream and that he was, in fact, standing right next to her.  She playfully whipped her hair to her side and smiled back, "Well, you see, I'm not like most girls."

The bartender placed the martini for Julie and her whiskey onto the bar top, "There you go, Miss."

Before he could walk away, she zipped open her wallet, "Ay now, hold up.  I need to pay for these.."

He glanced over at the man standing next to her and nodded, "It's been taken care of."

The man raised his dark and thick eyebrows at her, showing her a whimsical smile, "Oh, but I do remember you are not like most girls," he said, watching her tap off her cigarette into a silver ashtray, "It's not every day I run into polite, hard to get girls."

Olivia laughed and grinned at him, putting out her cigarette in the ashtray. She looked him over thoroughly, seeing him exceptionally well dressed in a black suit ensemble with a matching black bow tie that went around his neck, "But I'm surprised at your memory, Mr. Everly."

His eyes narrowed in on her, "How could I forget a beauty like you, Olivia? Besides, you did give me that bump on the head to remember."

"That I did," Her cheeks flushed a bright pink, shyly smiling back at him, "You flatter me too much, and remember, just call me Liv," she glanced over at the table Julie was sitting at and noticed she was staring her way, "I've got a drink to deliver. You're welcome to come join."

"How could I say no?" He was once again mesmerised by her and her beauty.  It had been quite some time since he had last seen her, but it seemed she had become more beautiful since the last time his eyes laid on her.

Once they reached the table, Julie grabbed her drink as it was being handed to her by Olivia, "Ah, just in time for this."

"Julie, this is Don Everly," she watched them exchange a handshake to each other.

She placed her lips on the glass of her martini, taking a quick sip, then smiled, "Pleasure for sure," Julie glanced at Olivia then back at Don noticing most of his attention was directed at Olivia, "Well please, have a seat."

It appeared his attention was elsewhere as he kept looking over his shoulder at a table then back up at the stage, "Excuse me, I'll be right back."

Once he walked off and left, she watched Olivia's eyes follow his every move, "Seems you and Mr. Everly have a lot of history together! Should I even ask?"

Olivia sipped of her whiskey and set it back on the table, "I was at a show of his not too long ago, and I happened to run into him, literally."

Julie shook her head and chuckled, "You're in a whole lot of trouble because his eyes are saying a lot of things tonight.  You better let him off easy when you tell him about your John!"

Olivia bit pursed her lips as she began to play with her glass on the table, running a finger around the rim, "Well, John actually," she hesitated for a moment, then continued, "He split up with me," Hearing herself say those words out loud made her cringe with disappointment.

"What? Why?" Julie furrowed her eyebrows then softened, "Oh god, Liv, I'm so sorry. I knew how much you loved him," Julie couldn't help look at the disappointed look on Olivia's face, "The last time we spoke, I remember you telling me he was the one you wanted to marry."

She felt a hand graze her back in comfort, "I suppose he couldn't handle all of this and what I'm doing," Olivia hadn't spoken to anyone about it since their breakup, and she finally felt like a little weight had started to come off her shoulders.