Chapter 47:

January 31, 1962

After so many days of the grey and cold winter skies that hung over Liverpool, it appeared the Gods were in favor of their wedding and decided to send the sun. It was the promise of a beautiful and blissful day, bringing a little warmth to Liverpool to celebrate this day. The sun peaked over the horizon, shining its rays down onto the snow that had sat on the frozen ground for weeks now, giving them an enchanting sparkle.

While most of Liverpool was just waking up to the sunlight coming through the windows, there were a few individuals who were awake before dawn approached. It was a little past 8:30 a.m. and Mimi was placing the final touches to Olivia's hair, making sure everything was perfect.

Mimi stepped away for a moment to examine it from afar, "That is beautiful," she mumbled to herself. She glanced over at the other girls, who were scrambling around the living room, getting themselves ready as well.

This was possibly the only time her home felt and sounded like a chaotic circus. As much as she dreaded thunderous chatter echoing throughout the room and four different girls quickly scurrying around the house, she understood it was only for this one important day, one she would never forget.

Olivia sat on the soft blue recliner, patiently waiting for everyone else to get themselves ready. Her eyes glanced up at the clock, now reading 8:42 am and smiled to herself. In just less than an hour, she would be on her way to the chapel, to finally marry the love of her life.

As she waited, she thought about and noticed a big difference between her first wedding and this wedding, at least so far. With the first wedding, prior to the actual ceremony, she was very nervous and doubtful. In fact, her mind was directed to John that entire morning, wondering if she was making the wrong decision, now learning that it was. Today, she was very calm and collective without a doubt in her mind. There was no denying that in her heart and mind knew she was making the right choice. By the end of today, she would officially and finally be Mrs. Lennon.

Nine o'clock arrived and all the girls, including Mimi, were lovely in their fancy attire. Julie, Elizabeth, and Lesley wore lovely mint-colored silk dresses that draped to the floor while Mimi wore a simple dark olive dress, fitted with a lovely pearl necklace draped around her neck.

"Liv darling, you are so stunning," Julie glazed upon Olivia, fidgeting with her earring.

Elizabeth giggled, "She doesn't have her dress on yet, ya nit," she glanced at the rest of them, standing in a circle around her, "Are ya ready to help ya then?"

Olivia beamed at the circle of women standing before her in awe, "I'm ready if you're ready."

Mimi picked up the dress that was draped across the light blue sofa and smiled, "We must be extra careful with this one," she glanced at each one of them as they helped her lift it from the sofa, making sure they all handled it with the utmost care.

Olivia pulled off her pink silky night robe and stepped into the opening of the dress laid out on the floor. With all the girls helping together, they slowly pulled up on the dress, up and over the curvatures of Olivia's body.

She slipped her arms into the sheer lace sleeves while Mimi zipped up the back of the dress and began to loop the twenty-two organza covered buttons around the rouleau loops.

Lesley and Julie pulled down the bottom of the dress, flattening out the skirt and the underskirt of the dress while Elizabeth brought the veil and headpiece upon her head.