Chapter 10

Tori's p.o.v.

i stood there speechless. my jaw was to the sand as i gazed upon this, this magical setting. the sun was just setting and the weather was perfect. nothing, no matter how bad, could ruin this moment.

"well?" Justin said drawing my attention back to him. "Justin, this is.. its amazing." i said to him as he walked closer to me. he grabbed my hand and walked me over to my seat. he pushed my chair in for me. as he sat down fredo came around the corner with two plates of spaghetti and meatballs.

"here's your dinner kids." he said after he put the plates down.

during dinner, we laughed (a lot), told jokes and story's, talked about our childhood, and many other random things.

"so, do you want to go for a walk?" i nodded my head. Justin got up taking my hand as we walked along the water.

"you know Justin, I've never been on a real date. this is my first." Justin looked kind of shocked. "but you've been in relationships before right?" he asked almost positive he knew the answer.

"ya i have, but they never took me on dates. i mean we would go bowling and to the movies, but it was never just us two. he always invited friends to come along or he would make it into a double date."

i looked at Justin to see if he was listening and he nodded his head for me to continue.

"granted i had fun but it was never us two, like it is now." i looked forward not expecting Justin to say anything.

"seems like you still got a lot of built up steam you need to let go of." it was like he was reading my mind.

i so badly wanted to talk to someone about it, but it never seemed like anyone really cared.

i looked out to the ocean and back down to my feet. "his name was Jason." i sighed. "he was captain of the soccer team and anyone that went out with him was a goddess for putting up with his shit. i always heard from other people that he was a bad person, a player you could say, but i saw him for more then that. i never judged him from what i saw on the outside. one day i was walking to my car and i had dropped a bunch of music sheets, microphones, headphones, it was horrible. i knew he was walking behind me so i expected him to just walk by and laugh, but he didn't. he stopped and helped me pick it up and carried it to my car. we finished loading everything and i thanked him. i was about to pull out when he walked up to my window. he asked me to go out to dinner with him so i did. so we went and it was nice until his friends showed up. i thought it was just a coincidence, apparently it wasn't. he introduced all his friends and they sat down with us. the rest of the night i was not once acknowledged. weeks flew by we were hanging out all the time, and he finally asked my to be his girlfriend. i was beyond happy. we dated for about 7 months until i caught him in bed with another girl."

Justin looked at me and saw i was tearing up. "I'm sorry tor" i pulled away. "wait it gets better. the other girl was my best friend." i started to choke up. "they had been going behind my back for two months. i felt so stupid for not seeing the signs. she was helping him after school with tutoring, she was always at his games, even when i didn't go. i told him i loved him. i remember i ran out and to my house. i went up to my room and just cried endlessly. from that day forward i just stopped believing in love."

Justin looked at me like i was crazy. "wait so you don't believe in love?" i giggled at his reaction. "nope" i said popping the p. " i bet i can make you believe in love." he said smirking. "i beg to differ." i said laughing.

"oh ya" i looked at him and just as i did he picked my up and spun me around. i was screaming and laughing

at the same time. i wrapped my legs around his torso. and he stopped spinning. he looked from my eyes to my lips then back to my eyes. i just smirked and pulled him in to a kiss. i felt him smile through the kiss, which made me smile too.

i pulled away and rested my forehead against his. "thank you for probably the most amazing night of my life."

Justin smiled and pulled me into one more kiss before putting my down. we walked back hand and hand. i think Justin was right. he just might get me to believe in love again. ;)