Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Isabelle's POV

It wasn't very often that I would basically throw up all the insides left inside of me. I hadn't really remembered doing such a thing since I was fairly little. Besides a stomach bug, maybe food poisoning from putrid college food I had never gotten so sick. I have to say last night was one of the worst I had ever endured my entire life. Hour after hour I spent leaning over the toilet waiting for the next rush to come through me. I didn't want to call Adrianne for reinforcement considering she was probably all snuggled up with her date. I kept telling myself I could get through it. But as I sat there all alone against my tub, tears streaming down my face, I never felt so horrible.

The stupid drive through people must've handed me a bad hamburger. For all I know I got some sickness from the substance that they call meat. My stomach twisted and churned as I thought about the food leading myself to hurdle into the toilet. I didn't want to know what my bathroom floor looked like as of now, I would hope Adrianne would be up for a little cleaning when the sun rose.

Nearly minutes later, I heard the sound of my alarm on my phone. I had left It on vibrate the night before so the sound was subtle and hushed. I got myself off of the floor, wiping my mouth on my sleeve, and barricading the toxic waste that spilled my bathroom tiles with some towels. I waddled cautiously into my bedroom before turning off the alarm and laying down in my bed.

I wasn't ready to go to work, I couldn't. I figured I could just take another sick day. I had had perfect attendance for work the past two years so I had racked up a few sick days. My eyes stayed wide open even though I hadn't slept a wink the night before.

My head was pounding worse than a hang over, my chest was swelling, and my stomach continued to churn acid. My throat burned but I knew if I drank any more liquids I wouldn't be able to hold them down.

I quickly dialed Adrianne's number, hoping and praying that she was awake.

"Hello," I heard a sleepy girl answer her phone.

"Hey, Adrianne. Do you have a minute?"

"When do I not," She says again. Her tone is hushed and I can tell she's trying to stay quiet for the sake of the other man in her bed.

"Is there anyway you can call in for a sick day and come spend the day with me? I've been up all night violently puking and I'm really not in the mood to be spending any more time with myself in my solitude home."

"You're sick?" She questions.

"Considering the circumstances of throw up all over my bathroom floor, yes, I think so."

"Did you eat something bad?" She asks me again. I hear a few rustling sounds from her side of the phone. She's probably getting dressed.

"I had some drive through food last night. But I've never gotten sick from something like that before. You know me, my stomach is as hard as a rock."

"Yeah and that's why I'm going to say this as calmly as possible, okay?"

"Okay.." I said wearily.

"Have you missed your period?"

"I think I'm supposed to get it today,"

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. Why do you sound so serious?"

"Do you think that maybe..."

"Maybe what? Do you think this could be prepregnancy?"

"I don't know, Bella." She whispers. "I'll be there in twenty."