Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Isabelle's POV

A large gust of air blew past my lips as I almost healed over in excitement. My lips were dry and bitten up as I remembered how nervous I was. I couldn't believe I actually gave myself a pregnancy scare. Adrianne looks at me with a hysterical look before gathering me in her arms.

"As much as I'd love little Bella's, I'm glad you're not expecting." Adrianne laughs. Whilst she's laughing, tears are running down my cheeks profusely. I'm not quite sure why they are, but I'm positive they are happy tears. I silently agree with her in my mind though. I always wanted to have little kids of my own. Running around the house, calling me mom as I watch them grow into independent children of my own. But being in my early twenty's that's not exactly my plan as of now.

More breaths of relief are shared among each other as we finish our little reunion and gather ourselves together.

"So," I giggled softly, tucking a few stray pieces of hair behind my ears and glancing back down at the tests sitting on my countertop. "How was your date?"

"Not exactly Mr. Right." She continues to laugh watching me as I gathered the tests in a roll of toilet paper and tossed them in the trash can. "You sure you don't want to send a picture of your negative pregnancy test to Mr. Dark and Curls?" She teases.

"Don't even get me started." I sigh leaning back onto the countertop and hopping onto it. "Did your date go poorly?" I question trying to stray off the topic of Harry.

"I wouldn't call it poor." She shrugs placing her arms on either side of my thighs. "He snored...loudly." Her lips curl into a large smile leading me to break into hysterical laughter.

"So you're judging his capability to be your Mr. Right because of his snoring? For god sake, Adrianne, what if he had a sinus infection or something?"

"That man should not be sleeping with me if he had a sinus infection,"

"Please, spare me the details." I snorted glancing back down at the tests ever so often. My mind strayed as she continued to tell me more details about how the dinner went. I tried to listen, honestly. But my mind kept bringing me back to the possibility of actually being pregnant. Of actually having a living breathing human being in my stomach made from a man I haven't even properly met before.

"Am I boring you that much?" I heard Adrianne say waving a hand in front of my face.

"No, sorry." I yawn, well fake yawn to give her the impression I was tired. "I'm just a bit tired." I say.

"Would you be interested to go out to celebrate for your negative pregnancy with a little brunch?" She adds.

"Celebrate?"

"Oh come on, don't tell me you're sad it's negative."

"I'm not!" I defend. "Honestly."

"When you're lying you always get so defensive." She teases helping me off the counter.

"Can you blame me? I mean I haven't even properly met this guy and I just had myself convinced he could possibly be the father of my own child. My own child that I would raise in my own home under my own salary eating my own food. Do you know how surreal that is?"

"You sound like you wish it was positive."

"Stop saying that, Adrianne." I groan walking back into my bedroom to strip from my striped pajama pants and change into something a bit more presentable. "I'm just saying, what if. You're always sleeping around, I don't do that, it just doesn't phase you like it does me."

"Are you saying I'm a whore?" Adrianne backs up for a moment as I hike up some jeans onto my hips.

"N-no!" I clear my throat already regretting my recent words. "I meant, you don't have as much as an attachment-"

"Are you saying I can't settle?"

"Adrianne," I groan deliberately trying to get her to listen to me as I grab a leather jacket from my closet. "I've only had sex with two people my entire life. One being a high school boyfriend, the other being a guy I barely know."

"Harsh life." She mumbles.

"Do you see what I mean?" I question following her out to my kitchen to grab my car keys and my purse.

"For all you know Harry could be a very nice guy."

"A very nice guy who writes his number on a girls tampon box?"

"Hey, you can't blame him for getting creative."

"You're repulsive."

"You know what I'm saying," She defends following me down the front stairs of my house where I almost slip and fall twice. We continue to fight about the guy and the pregnancy test all the way to the car and past three red lights.

Whilst waiting for a red light to pass I happened to glance in the side view mirror before gawking at my appearance. I completely forgot about even brushing my hair. It looked like a cross between a bee's and rat's nest.

"Adrianne!" I holler at her picking a piece of my hair up and showing her. "Why didn't you tell me I looked like an ungroomed coyote?!"

"Didn't come up," She shrugged. Her hair was perfectly curled, I didn't know how she did it. She literally came to my rescue at my house within five minutes of notice and she still looked absolutely prefect. I was jealous of her manageable blonde hair. Mine was manageable too, but it was plain boring.

"Great, now everyone at the restaurant is going to think-"

"That you just had a rough night." Adrianne cackles slapping my thigh once setting my cheeks a bright red color. "If they ask you should tell them it was with your boss,"

"I literally hate you right now."

"Aw, come on, lighten up!" She continues to laugh until we get to the restaurant. I'm already self conscious enough and as we pull up to the relatively crowded parking lot I regret my decision of agreeing to come.

Adrianne literally has to hoist me into the place before we get into our seat comfortably. There weren't as many people as I expected so my nerves are calm. I made Adrianne sit across from me so my back was towards the door, that way no one could see my none made up face.

"You excited to get back to work tomorrow?" Adrianne questions me before handing her menu back to the waitress.

"I've had things to be more excited about," I shrug taking a sip of my orange juice. I attempt to tame my hair ever so often my pulling it back with a pony holder. But to my luck, I'm unsuccessful. Adrianne continues to tease me on my timid side about my hair. Her laugh ceases to a small giggle before her eyes widen when the bell goes off in the corner of the room signaling someone's arrival.

"What is it?" I mumble twisting in my seat to meet eyes with the one and only Harry & his friend Louis. You know those times where there is that one person you're trying to avoid and you see them literally everywhere. Its like they're following you and at the exact moment you spot them, they spot you too. That was basically how I was feeling right about now. Right when those green eyes met mine a pang of mixed emotions shot through me. Adrianne continues to follow his movements as I whip back around and excuse myself to the bathroom. Adrianne just responds with a nod before taking a sip of her drink and obviously continuing to undress the two boys with her eyes.

As I enter the bathroom I stand in front of the bathroom mirror, clearly in panic mode. I splash some water in my face before taking my fingers through my hair and fixing whatever I could.

"You can do this, Bella." I spoke to myself. "You are a strong, independent woman who can take on a man." I kept repeating the encouraging words in my mind before exiting the bathroom to see Harry and Louis have pulled up chairs to Adrianne's table.

"Miss, are you alright?" I hear someone inquire from behind me. I apparently looked dizzy as my head began to get very light. My stomach began to churn and the bile was back to show.

Author's Note

Next Update on Wednesday x

-Meredith