Chapter 12

Chapter 12

*Isabelle's POV*

It felt as if every minute that passed another hour had gone. After having the insightful conversation with Chris my mind was full blown with possibilities. Chris is one of the most intelligent people I have ever met and I couldn't say a bad thing about him besides the fact he enjoys burping and blowing air into my face. But he's a guy, a wonderful guy at that and everything he says is pretty much guaranteed to be true. That's the thing that scared me the most. Honestly, I just wanted to forget it. But the panging in my chest stopped me from believing I could.

I checked the clock again after another two minutes and I realized I still had another two hours left until I could leave at eight. I was surprised Adrianne hadn't stopped into chat to be honest. But another side of my brain was telling me she was probably chatting up some guys ear in the lobby.

I tried to refocus my attention on my computer but couldn't because each word I read seamed to bring my mind off topic even more. It was agonizing.

I typed in a quick URL for a local news website I liked to scroll through. I liked reading about current breakups, who was dating, who wanted to be dating, etc. I knew it would distract me.

Kate Midleton and her Prince decide what to do for the Holidays.

I laugh at such a broad topic. It saddens me in a way that people could honestly care about something so simple. I smiled at her face though, she was so beautiful and the way she held her child made me smile even wider.

My thoughts were interrupted as I heard my door jam wobble. My head shot towards the sound as I quickly exited from the news website to greet whoever was behind my door. I stood up, flattened my dress and made my way towards the door before unlocking it and greeting Mr. Chelms with a faulted smile.

"Isabelle, nice to see you working away." He said making me flush. He couldn't have known I was on some news website. That was highly impossible. "I'm just joking with you. Seems like you've done everything you needed too."

"I have, thank you." I replied before watching him cascade right past me. I shut the door behind him and I turn to face him.

"So, you're proposal went through." He began.

"Really?!" I interrupt him.

"It did. I would like to have you come in and present it again for the owner of the company - if you'd like."

"That would be so incredible!" I sounded a bit over excited but he didn't seem to mind. My brain is overrun with excitement as I nearly lurch forward to give him a hug. He seems a bit caught off guard but soon enough his arms are wrapped around my waist and I suddenly feel uncomfortable. I try to release my arms around his neck but his grasp is a bit to strong. I clear my throat gently before he lets go and smiles down at me. "Really, thank you." I said again trying to interrupt the awkward silence.

"I know it sounds a bit rushed but I would like you to get started right away if you can."

"Tonight?" I question. I really hoped he would say no because all I want to do right now is go home and sleep.

"You don't have too, but it would be preferable."

"I can get Adrianne in here and we can start editing the proposal." I suggests. His smile falters and he leans against the back of the desk.

"Or maybe you can come back to my office and I can go through it with you,"

"Well, I wouldn't want Adrianne to not be in on this. It was a lot of her ideas too."