5: Wished for a Mate: A Place in this World

Chapter five

I'll be strong

I'll be wrong,

Oh but life goes on Oh, I'm just a girl,

Trying to find a place in this world

- A Place in this World by Taylor Swift

I woke up, my hands and feet tangled through Daniel's. Last night's memories came flooding back. I slowly started to withdraw from his embrace, but I was pulled back in. His blue eyes saw right through me.

"Where are you going?"

"Well I just..."

"I still want to hear the end of your story." I hesitated. I didn't know if I wanted to talk about this, but one look into those soulful eyes and I was lost. I agreed.

"I guess. What do you want to know?"

"What did Jack mean when he talked about your necklace?"

"It was the one thing they couldn't take from our family."

"Huh?"

"It's our pack's Alpha Female/Luna's necklace. It became mine because mom isn't alpha female anymore and Gracie's dead."

"But, wouldn't Damon's mom take it?"

"She can't."

"Why?"

"It can only be worn by someone of my blood. Anyone else who wears it could die instantly."

"Wow you've really got a weapon on your hands."

"Yeah, it's like that for every Luna necklace." Why didn't Daniel know this? Surely his last pack would have taught him. "Why don't you know this?" Daniel froze.

"Oh, well look at that it's breakfast time." He got up to leave.

"Daniel-" I was cut off by the door slamming. Why would he avoid the question? I looked at the clock. It was nine o'clock. Ugh, it was too early to think. I dressed in training clothes that I found in the closet and hurried downstairs.

On the table there was cereal and pancakes. I took a plate and piled it with pancakes. In my old pack I was given left overs, so I took advantage of the food. I looked around for something to drink, but the only thing there was orange juice. I made a face. I hated orange juice.

"What's the sour face for?" Alpha Jack walked into the room. He took a glass of the orange juice and gulped it all up.

"Ew. How can you drink that?"

"What?" He looked at his orange juice. "This? It's good stuff."

"No way." He walked towards me.

"It's good. Why don't you try it?" He came towards me.

"Ugh!! NO!!!!" I backed away and he laughed.

"Come on, you can't hate it that much."

"Yes I can." He laughed again.

"Ready for training?"

"Yeah, sure, whatever."

"Don't yeah, sure, whatever me."

"Don't yeah, sure, whatever you?"

"Yeah. Come on lets go."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry it's so short. I have school so it's harder now. I'll try to upload Wednesday. So, Team Jack or Team Daniel? Daniel is David. I changed his name. Hope you like it. Pic. of Daniel on the side.

Teaser: She's unraveling, but whats really wrong about her past. Also why doesn't David know anything about being in a pack? Who will she fall for: Jack or Daniel?

See you next time on I Wished for a Mate.

Komal