12: Wished for a Mate: All too Well

Chapter fourteen

And I know it's long gone,

And that magic's not here no more,

And I might be okay,

But I'm not fine at all.

-All too Well by Taylor Swift

The person knocked on the door again, this time harder. Finally, Hayden stood up and opened the door. She looked ready to kill whoever had dared disturb us, but her eyes softened when she saw that it was a little girl who was about twelve.

"Um, hi, I'm looking for Jack Williams." Hayden's eyes narrowed.

"Why?"

"I'm supposed to deliver this envelope to him." Hayden held out her arm.

"I'll give it to him. He's my brother." Under Hayden's watchful eyes the girl handed over the envelope. Once she left, Hayden gave it to Jack and we all leaned in close to see who had sent the letter.

Dear Jack

I know you don't trust anymore and I'm not saying you should, but can you please give me another chance? After all you were the one who believed in them. Can you believe in them for me again? I know I may not deserve the second chance, but I will try to make myself worthy.

I understand that you may not be willing after I ran off with Carson, but can you please hear my side of the story before you judge me? I do have a story and it involves both of you. I know you'll say that it can only involve one of us, but I'm not trying to play with your hearts. I'm begging you Jack, please, please try to listen to what I have to say before criticizing me.

Even if you don't believe it Jack, I love you and nothing will ever change that. No matter whom I decide to choose, I will always love you.

Please come to my cabin. It's cabin 516. I await you.

Melanie

"I'm going." Jack said, standing up.

"You can't." Hayden yelled.

"For once I agree with her." Daniel said.

"I'm the Alpha, you can't order me around." Jack said with finality.

"Fine then, but if you go, we all go." I said.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I hope you like. Sorry it's short, but I'm working on a collaborated story, a poem story, and a research report.

Update: Friday

Teaser: Melanie and Jack?

Komal