10: Wished for a Mate: Turning Tables

Chapter twelve

I can't keep up with your turning tables

Under your thumb, I can't breathe

So I won't let you close enough to hurt me

No, I won't ask you, you to just desert me

I can't give you what you think you gave me

It's time to say goodbye to turning tables, to turning tables
- Turning Tables by Adele

"What do you want?" I asked him. My voice was cold, colder than I thought I could be.

"You." He said, his voice alluring, but I didn't fall for it. I had made that mistake once and I sure as hell wasn't going to make it again.

"Well that's just too bad isn't it," I taunted, "I'm already taken." He walked over to me in three long strides. He pulled me to him, hugging me.

"Mine. All mine." While he was annoying-possessive-alpha wolf, I reached for my purse that was now mine to take. I grabbed it and pulled out of his arms. I ran for the door, but paused before I reached it. I faced Damon.

"You hurt me once and I'm not about to let you do it again. Don't take me for a fool because I guarantee that if you do you'll be sorry. ' With that I left with a dramatic exit.

"You wait, Paige Eleanor Jennings, you will be mine, sooner or later." He said and I left. Yes, I went by my middle name that I had shortened to Ella. It wasn't that I didn't like my name, no I loved it. I would love for everybody to call me Paige. Unfortunately, my dad's mom's (she was dead) name was Paige and he loved it. When people saw me they remembered him and his fondness for the name, so they started to call me Ella. It was Damen who had first come up with the name. As you can see, it stuck.

************************************************************************************

The next day...

"Come on Ella, wake up." Someone was shaking me.

"Mmmm.... go away." I mumbled, rolling over and pulling my pillow over my head.

"ELLA!" Someone shrieked. It wasn't very loud, but with my advanced hearing I could hear it like someone was shouting in my ear. I bolted up in the bed, glaring at Hayden who put on an innocent face. "What? I didn't do anything."

"You didn't do anything, yeah right," I muttered.

"What? I didn't!"

"Whatever makes you sleep at night." Hayden playfully scowled at me.

"So... what happened with Damen."

"What do you mean, what happened with Damen. Nothing happened with Damen!" I snapped.

"Nothing happened, but you're still yelling at me?"

"Yes!"

"Why?"

"Because you're annoying and I don't want to talk about it!" I slapped my hand over my mouth as I realized what I had said. Hayden put on a scheming face.

"So, what happened?"

"I told you: nothing did!"

"Fine, if you don't want to tell your best friend who loves you, don't." She said, with a sad look on her face. Immediately I felt guilty.

"HetoldmesoonerorlaterI'dbehisandItoldhimIwastakenbecauseDanielaskedmetobehisgirlfriendandIagreedandthenIranwithmypurseandtoldhimnottomesswithmeandhetoldmehe'dmakemehis." I blurted out in one sentence.

"What?!"

"He told me sooner or later I'd be his and I told him I was taken because Daniel asked me to be his girlfriend and I agreed and then I ran with my purse and told him not to mess with me and he told me he'd make me his." Hayden squealed.

"Oh my god that's so romantic!"

"It is not!!!" There was a knock on the door. It was Daniel, Chase, and Jack. Jack looked like he'd been crying. "What's wrong?" I asked. It was Daniel who answered.

"Let us come in and we'll explain."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, what do you think? I'll try to upload on Friday next.

Critisizing comments would be welcomed. I want to know what you think even if it's bad.

Teaser: What's wrong with Jack? What will happen between Daniel and Ella? Damen and Ella? Damen and his "mate"? What will happen at the masquerade ball?

See you next time on I Wished for a Mate.

Komal