11: Wished for a Mate: I Can't Live if Living is Without You

Chapter thirteen

I cant live

If living is without you

I can't live

I can't give anymore

Can't live

If living is without you

can't give,

I can't give anymore

-I can't live if Living is without you by Mariah Carey

Daniel and Chase helped Jack sit down on the bed. He was holding a tissue and constantly wiping his eyes as his tears fell.

"What's wrong?" Hayden asked concernedly. Jack just sniffled. Daniel answered again.

"He well like you know, you know he like he-"

"He saw his mate." Chase interjected which caused Jack to sniffle some more and tears to fall down his face.

"Wow, a lot of tact." Daniel sneered.

"Well, it's not like you were about to say it anytime soon."

"Yeah, but at least if I did I would have been sensitive.

"Oh please, you wouldn't know sensitive if it hit you in the head with a ton of bricks."

"And you would?" As Chase started to open his mouth to say something else, Jack sniffled some more and I snapped out of it and stepped between them. I looked at Daniel.

"Stop it." I said and Chase sniggered.

"You got yelled at." He taunted. I turned on him and glared. He shrank back. I smirked. Jack blubbered some more. The smile slipped off my face as the four of us turned to look at Jack. He sniffled.

"Jack," I said gently, " What happened?" He didn't say anything, but pointed at Daniel as an indication to tell the story. Daniel took a deep breath and started.

"So, you know, me and Jack went to the pack meeting?" We all nodded. "Well when we came out Chase was flirting with some girl. Of course, we pulled him over. Anyway, so, we started walking to the courtyard and there was this guy standing there."

"What did he look like?" Daniel looked at me.

"Sort of short, you know, kind of like Hayden."

"Hey!" Daniel ignored her.

"He had like pitch black hair and icy blue eyes."

"Did he have like a small scar above his lip on the right?" I asked. Daniel looked at me strangely.

"Yeah.... why?"

"Well, if I'm right, then he might be Carson. The beta from my old pack." Jack looked up, but just whimpered and looked down again.

"Well if you're right he was courting Jack's mate." I frowned.

"But, Carson already has a mate."

"Well, then I don't get it." Daniel said. "Why would he cheat on his mate? What does his mate look like?"

"She's like shorter than Hayden and she has these really weird lavender purple eyes that are her natural eye color. She also has this really dark brown hair, that looks black, but it like isn't, you know?" Both Daniel and Jack paled. "What? What's wrong?"

"Ella, you're describing Jack's mate."

"That's not possible." I said, but I could sort of believe it. Hadn't Jack mentioned before that his mate's name was Melanie? That was Carson's mate's name too. "Jack," He looked up, "What's your mate's name?" He looked down and for a second I thought he wasn't going to answer. Then he did.

"Melanie." Well, unfortunately that was Carson's mate's name too.

"Well now the real question is why does Carson believe that she's his mate."

"Well it's probably just a ploy, I mean, he can't seriously believe that.

"You're wrong. I was in their pack, remember?"

"Well yeah, but so what?"

"Mind link." I said, in a duh voice and pointed at my head. See, you only ever had a mind link with the pack you were born into. If you joined one, well oh well. You didn't have mind link. There were exceptions of course. If two packs merged then a temporary mind link was formed for as long as the merge stayed for.

"Oh." Daniel and Jack looked admonished. Suddenly there was a knock on the door...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey! I hope you liked it! I'll try to upload on Sunday, but if I can't then it'll be up on Monday.

Teaser: Who knocked on the door? What's going to happen with Jack and Melanie? Ella and Damen? Ella and Daniel?

COMMENT, VOTE, FAN!!!!!!!!

See you next time on I Wished for a Mate.

Komal