8: Wished for a Mate: She's so Gone

Chapter ten

She's so gone

That's so over now

She's so gone

You won't find her around

You can look but you won't see

The girl I used to be

'Cause she's

She's so gone

- She's so gone by Lemonade Mouth

I looked at myself in the mirror. I had to admit I looked amazing. Hayden had worked wonders on me. I wore a beautiful royal purple dress. The straps were leaf like and met behind my neck. Just below my breast there was an intricately designed silver band and then it was a straight purple dress till my thighs, where it burst out. My hair was pulled up except for one strand of hair that Hayden had curled. I also wore silver jewelry, purple gloves, and a silver mask. My mask was made of silver lace and was designed to look like a butterfly.

This would be my outfit for the first day of the ball. There were three days. The first night was for people to find their mates, the second literally meant for mated couples, and the third for pack announcements. Of course that was just their meaning, but you could go to all three regardless of whether you had found your mate. The first two were optional, but the third was required. It was going to be amazing. Once Daniel sees me... No wait, I meant Damen...

***************************************************************************************************

A few hours before...

"Are we there yet?" Hayden asked in a chirpy voice as Daniel growled.

"Hayden, we're never going to get there if you keep asking me IF WE'RE THERE YET!!" Yup, he was pissed off.

"Shut up, man." Jack said. He was still half asleep and very, very cranky. Daniel grumbled something unintelligible under his breath.

"All of you shut up. I wanna sleep." I whined. "You don't get to act like you're going to meet your mate who already has a mate." They all looked so sympathetic that I felt bad for playing the guilt card. "No. Don't pity me. Just let me sleep." I rolled over and closed my eyes, ignoring their looks of pity." I heard some mumbling and then I was fast asleep.

"Ella. Ella wake up." I woke up to the sound of Daniel's voice and some very forceful shaking.

"Ugh." I said. I was tired and I did not want to get up. I rolled over and pressed my face into the comfy bed. Wait, the bed? But, I fell asleep in the car...?

Immediately I was awake and off the bed. I eyed Daniel with a questioning look.

"Okay, how did I get into a bed?" He blushed and so did I once I found out why. Apparently we had gotten here two hours ago. Hayden convinced them that we should let me sleep, so Daniel carried me and they let me sleep. However Hayden said that I had to get ready...

*************************************************************************************************************

And here I am now. Inside the masquerade ball. The six of us: Chase, Hayden, Daniel, Jack, Jack's date, and I. We made a grand entrance. Chase was Hayden's escort and Daniel was mine. Hayden wore a dark red dress that came down to just above her knees where it became a black skirt. She wore black gloves and a black mask with red gems and feathers. It was the type that you held up. Chase and Daniel wore tuxedos and ties that matched with our dresses. Jack's date, Sarah was a girl from our pack who had been friends with Jack since she was little. She was merely posing as Jack's date because as and alpha he didn't want to show up without one. She had dark brown hair and dark blue eyes. To match her eyes she wore a white dress with beautiful dark blue designs and a dark blue mask with silver sparkles and white feathers. We all made quite an entrance.

Suddenly I felt a queer feeling of another presence. It was my wolf. She hadn't spoken to me since that day she warned me not to get too familiar with another male.

Oh so now you speak to me. I said.

Yes, I can feel our mate.

Well maybe if you paid attention all these years, you would know that he already has a mate.

That's impossible. She laughs.

No, I assure you I have a reliable source.

Who?

Logan.

Really? She asks, but her confidence has fallen. I look around at the beautiful dresses and masks. It's like a fairytale.

"Ugh. Same old thing again. " Daniel makes a face. I look at him, surprised. I guess to him it's the same old boring thing. To me though... He looked at me sheepishly. "Sorry. I keep forgetting you haven't been here for a long time."

"That's okay."

"Come on," He said, holding out his arm for me, "Let's go show that mate of yours what an amazing young lady he gave up."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, what do you think? I'm so sorry for the wait, but I was seriously completely loaded with work. I promise I'll upload tomorrow, k?

Teaser: So, is Ella going to meet a certain someone? Jack or Daniel?

See you next time on I Wished for a Mate.

Komal