16: Wished for a Mate: Beautiful Soul

Chapter Eighteen

I don't want another pretty face

I don't want just anyone to hold

I don't want my love to go to waste

I want you and your beautiful soul

You're the one I wanna chase

You're the one I wanna hold

I won't let another minute go to waste

I want you and your beautiful soul

Your beautiful soul, yeah

-Beautiful Soul by Jesse McCartney

Recap:

"Technically, I'm your Alpha, so I need you to tell me exactly what happened."

"You will never be my Alpha."

"That doesn't change the fact that I need to know what happened." I didn't want to tell him, but I know that if I didn't he would find a way to make sure that I told. So, I started.

"It all started when Melanie mentioned that she was a shifter...

***********************************************************************

"A shifter?" Damon asked.

"Yeah, she can shift into three forms." I said.

"I know what it is. I was just surprised, is all."

"She, you know what she is." I said quietly. He seemed a bit taken aback, but he didn't say anything. "So she has three forms and three mates."

"What are her three forms?"

"A wolf, a tiger, and a lion. They are each connected to one mate, so she can't choose separately. All I know is that her wolf is connected to Jack because he's the most powerful of the three. I don't know about the other two."

"I suppose that makes sense. So, what happened?"

"Well, we came in and she told her story. It seemed like Chase had already known and that must have made Jack pretty mad. Carson too. As soon as her story was finished they both shifted and started fighting and when they remembered Chase, it seemed that triggered they're wolves taking over. Unfortunately, that caused them to take out they're emergency silver knives and start throwing them and that was when things started to go wrong." They carried emergency silver knives just in case there was a rouge attack. "That was also when you 'rescued' me. " I put my hands up in imaginary quotes.

"The way you tell the story, you needed rescuing." He retorted. Well I couldn't argue with that because I kind of did, but he would have been my last choice.

"Well now I have told my story, so can I go?" I said impatiently. It's not like I was here by choice.

"What's your hurry?"

"Well, I don't know if you've heard, but I don't actually like you." I whispered, smiling. His lips curved up.

"You have a beautiful smile." He said softly. He started to lean in and so did I. Then I snapped out of it. Was I really going to let him hurt me again? NO WAY. I fled from the room and Damen.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, I've had really bad writer's block, but I think I've figured it out. Thanks for your support.

Komal