15: Wished for a Mate: Stronger

Chapter Seventeen

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger

Stand a little taller

Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone

What doesn't kill you makes a fighter

Footsteps even lighter

Doesn't mean I'm over cause you're gone

-Stronger by Kelly Clarkson

I'd like to say that everybody acted gentlemanly and ladylike because what really happened I just never want to talk about again. Chase, Daniel, and Hayden have serious silver injuries and are in the hospital; Jack and Carson are locked up in the dungeons until they reign in their wolves; Melanie is crying and has locked herself in her bedroom, and me? I have been "saved" by my jerk of a mate and I am currently locked in his bedroom.

Right after Melanie finished her sentence, all hell broke loose (as you can probably tell, what with all the damage). As for me apparently Damon had overheard the fighting and rescued me (his words, not mine). I didn't need any saving, thank you very much. Now I was just waiting for him to show up. After locking me in his bedroom, he left to lock up Jack and Carson and take Chase and Hayden to the hospital. He was the Alpha after all. To top everything off a girl named Lucy had showed up at the pack door wondering if she could join. So, yeah, it was a hectic day.

Suddenly the door unlocked and Damon came inside. Finally.

"Hello Paige."

"I go by Ella now." I said, glaring. "Maybe if you had been around, you would've known that." He sat down, shaking his head.

"Are you going to hold a grudge against me your entire life?"

"You rejected me. Am I supposed welcome you with open arms?" God, this boy made me so mad. Did he think that I would come running back into his arms? If he did, he was in for a rude awakening.

"Yes! I rejected you for your own good."

"So all the pain and tears were for my own good?"

"Of course they were! You weren't living when you were here! I knew that if I rejected you, you would leave. You would come back stronger than before. You would come back able to fight off those who had once teased you."

"You could have protected me from them! You chose not to! Instead you fooled around with other girls and teased me constantly."

"I made you stronger." I wasn't going to admit it to him, but part of me knew that he was right. If he had accepted me, I would've depended on him for strength, but by rejecting me, he helped me find my own strength.

"Why am I still here anyway?" I asked. I got up to leave, but Damon stopped me. '

"Technically, I'm your Alpha, so I need you to tell me exactly what happened."

"You will never be my Alpha."

"That doesn't change the fact that I need to know what happened." I didn't want to tell him, but I know that if I didn't he would find a way to make sure that I told. So, I started.

"It all started when Melanie mentioned that she was a shifter...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey. Please don't kill me. I have had testing and writer's block and who knows what else. School has ended though and I can do whatever I want, writing included. I've been thinking a lot and I finally found a way to tie in everything.

Teaser: What really happened?; Will Damon and Ella get back together?; Daniel and Ella?; Who will Melanie choose?

See you next time on I Wished for a Mate

Komal