14: Wished for a Mate: Live to Tell

Chapter sixteen

A man can tell a thousand lies

I've learned my lesson well

Hope I live to tell

The secret I have learned, till then

It will burn inside of me

-Live to Tell by Madonna

After I explained to my mom what was going on, she pointed us in the direction of Melanie's apartment. We all walked up there, with Chase and Jack walking in the front. When we reached her apartment, nobody went up to knock on the door.

"Oh, for God's sake!" I said. I walked up and used the little knocker thing. There was a squeal from inside.

"Jack!" The door swung wide open. "Who the hell are you?" She asked me, rather rudely, I may add.

"I'm a friend of 'Jack'." I said, mimicking her squeal. She blushed and looked past me, noticing everybody else.

"Jack, I invited you! What is everyone else doing here?" Melanie asked, annoyed.

"We're here to make sure that you don't hurt him again." Daniel said, firmly. She turned a deeper shade of red.

"Fine. Come in." Melanie said, glaring. Slowly, we all filed into her apartment. She led us into a slightly cramped living room where Carson was sitting.

"You didn't mention that he would be here." Jack said.

"And I didn't have to! I invited you for one reason and one reason only: to explain what is going on to you, Chase, and Carson."

"What the hell does Chase have to do with anything?" Chase looked down.

"Well I guess you'll find out. Now all of you find a seat. I am going to go get some tea." And she walked out with her head held high. Well, I didn't really like her, but that was a nice speech. Anyway, what could all of this have to do with Chase? He was acting a little strange, but he was just having a bad day right? Melanie walked back in with the tea and poured us all cups. Then she sat down on an old, brown armchair.

"Ok. So, you're all confused and I get that, but you have to understand that it took me three years to finally get what the hell was happening to me."

"What the hell are you talking about?" Jack asked.

"I'm getting to that, hold on. So, as I was saying, it took me a really long time to figure out what was happening to me. See, when I was little my pack was killed. Fortunately I was found by another pack, but when I was 12, I shifted into three different things and that scared them, they didn't know what I was, so they kicked me out and Jack found me. He had just become an alpha and he felt that I was his mate. I stayed for two years and I left on Chase's fourteenth birthday." There she goes with Chase again. What was going on? "On Chase's fourteenth birthday, three things happened. One was that there-"

"There was an attack." Jack said remembering. "You were right there. You could have come with me, but instead you chose him." He inclined his head toward Carson.

"You didn't let me finish. Yes, there was an attack. The second and third things that happened were that I found my second and third mates.'

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey! Please don't kill me! *cowers* I am having the worst case of writer's block. Please let me know if you still think this story is good or not and whether you want me to continue it or not. I will continue it or not based on the reviews I receive from my fans.

Thanks.

Komal