6: Wished for a Mate: Gift of a Friend

Chapter six

The world comes to life

And everything is bright

From beginning to end

When you have a friend

-Gift of a friend by Demi Lovato

After one year...

To say training was hard would be an understatement, but I got good at it as the days and weeks went on. Soon I was one of the strongest wolves there all thanks to Jack and Daniel. They helped me so much in discovering who I am and what I want to be. I realized I wanted to take over my dad's pack, but I didn't know how to. I also made two other friends who were the best friends anyone could have. There was Hayden, Jack's little sister, and Chase, who was sweet. As the weeks dragged on I became closer to my new friends, especially Daniel. I found that if you got under that perverted shell he was like a teddy bear. Soft, squeezable, in need of love, and huggable. I also learned some things about Jack. His mate, Melanie, had left him for some wolf. Hey, Carson's mate was named Melanie...what if?

Anyway, I was starting to find a real, true home here. I still missed my mate of course, but that pain was fading. The only person I truly missed was my mom. I remembered her laugh, her smile, the way her red hair bounced. It was hard to let her go. Maybe I would go back someday, just for her.

"Ella? Earth to Ella..." I snapped out of it.

"Huh? What?" Chase laughed.

"Wow. You were really out of it. I called your name like five times." I smiled sheepishly.

"Sorry."

"That's okay. It was pretty funny actually. You had this goofy looking smile." He made a ridiculous face to show me what I looked like.

"Shut up!!!!" I pushed him while he laughed.

"What's happening peoples?" Hayden walked in, her beautiful blond hair swaying behind her.

"Hayden! Help me! Ella's going to tickle me to death and you don't want me to die, do you?" He gave her his puppy dog face.

"Fine." She and I shared a secret smile as she walked over.

"Yes! Your turn to die, Ella." Chase said. Little did he know. Hayden came over and we both began to tickle Chase. He laughed and laughed.

"Hayden,... you... betrayed me!!" Chase gasped between laughter.

"Tickle party? No fair! No one invited me?" Daniel and Jack walked into the room together as we all laughed. Soon it was a full out tickle war. This was what I loved about my new family. Jack-he was stressed and Daniel, Daniel was worried and Chase, Hayden, and I we were all tired from all the training, but we all found time to have fun and let it all out.

Eventually we all went to bed, but we didn't go to bed stressed, worried, tired, we went to bed happy.

The next morning I was the first awake. I went into the training room, a.k.a. my favorite room in the house. I kicked, punched, stretched...everything. I was reminded of all those times I snuck in to train at my old pack house. That brought a sad smile to my face. I left the training room and took a shower. By that time everyone was there. Hayden was cooking breakfast. Good, I was-wait HAYDEN WAS MAKING BREAKFAST.

"Ahhhhhhhhh! Emergency!" David ran in followed by Jack.

"What is it? What's wrong?" David asked worriedly.

"It's Hayden." She looked up surprised. "She's making breakfast!!!" David started to laugh and so did Jack and I. She scowled.

"Shut up."

"I will not. The last time you cooked breakfast-"

"-One mistake!!!! Will you never let that go?"

"You blew up the toaster!!!" She blushed and David and Jack were now clutching their stomachs with laughter.

"Who's screaming so early in the morning?" Chase came downstairs with sleepy eyes. "It's too early to yell."

"Hayden's cooking breakfast." His eyes popped open.

"Call the fire station!" Now, everybody was rolling on the floor with laughter.

"Hello? Anybody? It was one freaking mistake! Come on..." That was all she said before laughing herself. It took a while for us to calm down. We laughed so hard.

"Hello?" Said a deep male voice. We all looked up as someone entered the kitchen. He had black hair and brown eyes and he held an off white envelope. Oh my god. It was Logan from my old pack. Jack stepped in front of all of us.

"Who are you and how did you get past the guards?"

"I am-"

"Logan Rite from the Moon's Light pack." I answered for him.

"Who are you?"

"What Logan? Don't recognize me? It's me Ella."

"Ella...?"

"Yeah, what do you want?" He regained his composure.

"On behalf of the Moon's Light pack I invite you to...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi hope you like it!! I wanted to make sure you guys liked it! I'll try to upload Friday and Saturday because it's a long weekend. Pic. of Hayden on the side.

Teaser: Where is the pack invited? Who is Logan?

I really wanted to show you how close the friends have gotten. The next chapter will be better, I promise.

Komal