7:Wished for a Mate: Set fire to the Rain

Chapter seven

I set fire to the rain

And I threw us into the flames

Where I felt somethin' die, 'cause I knew that

That was the last time, the last time

- Set Fire to the Rain by Adele

"On behalf of the Moon's Light pack I invite you to the annual werewolf masquerade ball." Logan seemed proud, but every few seconds he nervously stole glances at me. Suddenly it clicked why Logan was so nervous. This was that ball. It was held for all werewolves who were fourteen and above to find their mates. However, those in the Alpha's family, regardless of their age were allowed to attend. So, every year( until my dad died) Gracie and I got to attend the ball even though we were underage. You might think it would have been fun, but really, it was just every male on the planet trying to hit on Gracie and I in an effort to become the new Alpha. See, girls weren't allowed to become Alphas. Boys were the ones who had the Alpha power inside them, but my dad didn't have a son, so when he died, the Beta took over as the new Alpha. That's also the reason Jack was such a young Alpha. After the age of ten, the son of an Alpha could take over if the Alpha were to step down or die.

"Oh, the ball. I don't know why we were so worried Jack." Daniel said with a sigh of relief.

"Well, Daniel, he seemed like a threat." Jack sounded annoyed.

"Well, Jack, he wasn't." Daniel responded.

"Guys!!! We have a guest. Stop fighting." Hayden hissed. Both of them looked scolded and apologized to Logan. I stepped forward. I wanted to talk to him.

"Ella. " He said scornfully. I was the disgraced Alpha's daughter who had run away after all. But, now I was different. I was stronger. I wasn't the weakling that he and his friends had made me into.

"Logan." I said, matching his cold tone. I turned to Daniel and Chase. "Can you guys set up the interogation room for me? I want to talk to him." They turned to Jack. He nodded. Daniel and Chase picked up Logan by the arms and dragged him along as he protested. Then it was Jack, Hayden, and I. Hayden stepped out to help the boys, so that Jack could speak to me.

"So," Jack began. "You two have history?"

"Yeah." I said, roughly, as I heard the boys and Hayden coming.

"Chase, I want to punch him as much as you, but-"

"But what?"

"We're on Jack's orders."

"So? I'm sure Jack wouldn't mind. In fact, I bet Jack wants us to punch him because he can't!"

"Oh my Gosh guys, shut up!" That would be Hayden.

"You guys know I'm still here, right?" Logan. Nobody answered him as Daniel and Chase brought in Logan. He was handcuffed and feetcuffed to both sides of a chair that Daniel and Chase were carrying. Damon, Chase, and I walked into the interrogation room and locked it behind us. Logan looked so uncomfortable in talking with me in the presence of Daniel and Chase and I couldn't blame him. They were so close to him that they could have kissed him.

"Guys?" Chase and Daniel looked up. "Leave." Immediately sounds of protest could be heard.

"We won't." Daniel said. "We're not going to leave you alone with him!" Daniel protested.

"Daniel, Chase, it's not like he can hurt me. He's completely stuck in the chair. "

"It's true." Logan held up his hands as proof. Daniel and Chase whipped their heads around to look at him.

"Stay out of it." Daniel growled.

"Yeah, it's none of your business." Chase agreed.

"Actually," I said and their heads turned to look at me. "It's not your business." They both looked shocked.

"Awww, Ellie, I'm hurt." Chase said with a mock sad expression.

"Shut up, Chase." I snapped. He had tread on my last nerve. Chase looked taken aback. "Both of you. Get out." Now they both looked shocked that I had the nerve to speak to them like this.

"Ella-"

"No, Daniel don't start with me. This is between me and my old pack mate." They both left and I threw something black at the door.

"What was that?"

"Nothing." He didn't need to know. It was simply a device that would prevent eavesdroppers from eavesdropping.

"Why did you leave? Why did you leave, Ella?"

"I think Damon should know that. Why don't you ask him?" His face wrinkled in confusion.

"Damon? What does he have to do with anything?"

"Oh, so he kept it a secret?"

"He kept what a secret, Ella?"

"He's my mate Logan, my mate."

"But-"

"He rejected me."

"Ella-"

"Apparently I wasn't good enough." A tear slid down my face.

"ELLA!" My full attention was now directed to him. "What I'm trying to say is, are you sure he's your mate?"

"Are you doubti-of course he's my mate!!!"

"Well, I'm just asking because Damon already has a mate."

Oh my god. There was no way. I wanted to scream at him, but I knew that that would break the non-eavesdropping device and I didn't want to attract the attention of Daniel and Chase.

"Are you-are you sure?" This time it was Logan who got pissed.

"Of course!!! I live with them, remember?" I thought this over.

"Have they mated yet?" Logan flushed.

"No, but he's planning on marking her soon." My hopes fell. Even if Damon was a jerk he was my mate too and I would always have feelings for him. I just wish I could have gotten a more accepting mate.

"What's her name?" The question was so low, I wasn't sure he could hear it. A part of was hoping he didn't hear, but another part was hoping he did. I guess the latter was in luck.

"Fortuna." Fortuna? What an odd name.

"Oh.

*********************************

Four hours later...

"Well," Daniel said, "Have a nice rest of your day. He patted Logan on the back.

"Yeah," Chase said, "And don't forget to not mention the last five hours of you life, to oh, anybody." He said, still smiling.

"Oh," Jack said, "Remember to tell them we are coming to the masquerade ball." He said, as he took a sip of his coffee.

"And," Hayden said, "Don't even think about mentioning Ella." She batted her eyelashes sweetly. Logan looked very afraid. He said okay and rushed out the door in a panic. We all laughed.

"The world better watch out. We're going to the masquerade ball."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey!!! Sorry, I didn't upload yesterday, but I'll try to upload today and tomorrow. No promises cause I'm really bad at those. But on to something nicer: I'm Werewolf(drumroll) #404 and Teen Fiction(another drumroll) #508.

Also I have over 1000 reads, 10 fans, 14 votes, and 9 comments. I'm really happy and excited.

Teaser: What's going to happen next? Will they go to the ball? Will Ella's questions be answered? Who is Logan, really? Will she come face to face with Damon once more? Will she fall in love with Jack or Daniel?

Please read, vote, comment, and fan!!!!!!

See you next time on I wished for a mate!

Komal