He chose her • Tyler Joseph

(Y/n) POV  

I sat at Tyler and Jenna's wedding putting on a huge fake smile trying to avoid crying for the sake of my makeup. If I could control my feelings I wouldn't have to worry about it. But I couldn't.

The feelings I have for my best friend Tyler Joseph are more than a best friend feeling. I thought about this day, except I was the one up there saying I do... Not Jenna.

It hurt, a lot standing next to Jenna being able to see Tyler's happy, excited face. I wanted him to give me that look, I wanted to be the reason he smiled so big and cried tears of joy when at his happiest.

Hearing him say 'I do' made my heart race, then she said 'I do' and my heart broke into small glass pieces cutting me open. Pain is all I feel but it's okay, I'll get through it... Soon.

Tyler didn't look at me the whole time. His eyes were in Jenna's and from the side I could see all the love he had for her, his eyes being brighter than usual. I knew I wasn't the one making his pupils turn into hearts which made me want to break down right here. But I just made my masked smile bigger and pretended I wasn't going to cry.

I let a out a breathe I was holding in and looked down at my feet. 'Keep a smile, look happy for them.' I told myself. 'It's for the better.' I kept saying. It was finally over and I thought I would be happy about it but I wasn't. It just means they are officially married and theirs nothing I could do.

They walked out before everyone. The whole moment went by like a flash. All the happy people, all the cheers, all the flowers, all the pretty things, I hated it all because it wasn't for me and Tyler but Tyler and Jenna. I started walking out with Josh.

"You okay?" Josh asked seeing through my mask. "Y-yeah." I could barely speak. My throat was so dry if I tried to say anymore I would break and everything would come out. Josh gave me an 'I'm sorry' look and gave me a side hug before walking over to Debby. He was the only person that knew my feeling like I do.

----

After party thing. The thing that's the most fun for everyone. Well, not me. I sat near the back and kept to myself avoiding anyone that asked me questions like
'why aren't you dancing?'
'Why are you sitting alone?'
'Smile pretty. Your at a wedding, it's a time to celebrate a beautiful thing.'
'Are you okay? You look sick.'

The first dance. The dance Jenna and Tyler has together. Watching them. Everyone around watching. I wonder what it would be like to be in that dress dancing with him. To have him whisper 'I love you' in my ear when we dance close.

I stood up and walked to the bathroom. Three girls were in there gushing over how beautiful Jenna looked and how they couldn't wait until their big day. Yeah, that day I'll probably never have since the guy of my dreams is out there with his now wife Jenna Joseph.

I wiped  the mascara off and replaced it since I kind of messed it up when I was crying at the table. I wish I noticed when I was instead of having Zack come up to me and tell me my mascara is everywhere but my eyelashes. When I went back out I sat at the table again. I ate some candy and watched everyone around have a good time.

"(Y/n), are you okay? Your crying?" Jenna asked giving you a concerned look and wiping the tear from under your left eye. "Yeah, I'm good. Just... Tears of joy." I lied not wanting to explain how my feelings for her now husband were more than they should be.

::::
So I don't actually know anything about weddings so that's that.