Forest P2 • Tyler Joseph

"Why'd you have to go so soon?" Tyler asked what I'm guessing was a question for me. He kicks his feet back and forth while sitting on the window sill in the tree house.

"I'm surprised this is still stable." He tells himself touching the wood with his fingers. He's sitting there longer than usual. He's been there for the past thirty minutes. He sighs and gets inside the tree house. I couldn't see him anymore until I noticed him crawling down the ladder.

"Maybe one day." He told himself with his head low as usual. You sighed and swallowed the lump in your throat before starting to walk towards the tree house. You looked around making sure he and everyone was out of sight before walking up the tree house ladder.

"I haven't been up here in ages." You whispered to yourself looking at the dusty floor that you were eye level with. You climb all the way in and sat in the middle of the floor moving your head to look around while your body say still in place.

You noticed your name was carved in four different places on the floor and walls. 'Tyler misses you' was carved under the window. "(Y/n) misses you too." You say In third person sitting crisscrossed on the wood floor facing the wall that had carvings of little things.

"(Y/n)?" A voice behind you said. You didn't turn around but let your hair cover your face. You stayed with your back facing the person and your head down.

"Is that you?" The voice asked. There were a few creeks in the wood meaning he had came up into the tree house. He came and sat behind you. You wanted to ask why he wasn't scared of you. What if it wasn't you and some random person, he could get hurt. He could be taking the risk if it's really you. He got inside and sat behind you. You heard his breath and hated his presents.

"Please turn to me." He asked in a sharp voice making your head hurt. You wanted his voice to go away. It took you a few seconds before doing anything, but you finally turned around to face him even though he still couldn't see your face, you knew he knew it was you.

He slowly moved the hair out your face but you look to the left making the hair recover what he just moved. "Look at me... Please." He asked his voice cracking and his throat seeming dry. A tear fell down your cheek but you didn't bother to wipe if it away. Tyler did it for you. You sniffed and looked back up, the hair moving just so your right eye, nose, and part your cheek were visible.

"Tyler." You spoke softly. He didn't say anything. His face was pale and he had red puffy eyes keeping him on the verge of having his tears come out his eyes. You moved the hair out your face and showed him it was the person he came back every weekend for.

He didn't say anything but pulled you into a tight hug. You broke and tears started flowing and oh knew you wouldn't stop now. "I missed you." He cried into your hair. You missed the feeling of his arms around you. You almost forgot what his embrace felt like until now.

"I missed you too." You told him barely able to make out any sound. "Why are you here? How are you here?" He asked moving away and looking you in your eyes. "I... I wanted to be in the tree house again so I came back." You told him not sure how to answer his question. He stood up and so did you following his action.

He took you into another hug and wouldn't let go. "I, w-we need to tell everybody your back! Come on." He told you pulling you towards the ladder. You stopped him pulling yourself away from the exit.

"I-I can't." You shook your head more tears falling down your eyes. "Why?" He asked with hurt in his voice and eyes. "They can't know I'm alive." You told him. "Why not?" He asked his question not having a good answer.

"I just can't." You told him in a shaky voice. "B-but... Ever since you've left, it's never been the same." He told you climbing back into the tree house. "What do you mean?" You asked. Of course things have changed but it's been 14 years, you shouldn't be talked about, maybe just a picture on the wall and a sad memory.

"(Y/n), even though it's been years, your still talked about. People have sworn they've seen you but they could never be sure since your technically "dead"." He told you using quotes around dead.

"Really?" You asked starting to tear up again. After a few minutes of silence you nodded. Tyler smiled a little and walked back down the tree house.

"Why are you just now coming back?" Tyler asked walking next to you with his hands in his pockets. You shrugged. "This "new life" kept me from coming back. I have reasons... I just don't want to talk about them." You mumbled loud enough for him to hear.

"Oh... Well you don't have to tell me I guess. But if you don't mind, I would like an explanation later when your comfortable." He tells you. You nod and look up seeing the trees had disappeared and you were now in the back yard of a house.

"Come on." He tells you taking your hand. You walk with him to his car and get in the passenger seat while he gets into the drivers.

"I have so many questions but they can wait." He tells you starting the engine and driving down the narrow street. "Thank you." You whisper looking out the window. You didn't know what his reaction would be but you were okay with the one he gave you.

"Please forgive me." You told him. He gives you a half smile. "It wasn't your fault, it was mine." He told you keeping his eyes on the road. You sighed expecting his answer. "You could have just said your forgiven." You mumble under you breathe.

+++

If you have the question 'why'd Tyler come back?' Yeah I didn't think about it until now so let's just say he left his keys or something on the window sill and had to go back for them.